Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hi,

Just ordered an A6 2.0 TDI Ultra S-Line S-Tronic as a lease from Audi dealer. I was looking for an instock car with no options to keep the costs down - happy with what the car has as a standard anyway, I have a Skoda Yeti just now that has Xenons, SatNav, Heated Leather and Parking Sensors. The S-Line gives me that and slightly more but in a far better package. Initially looking at just the SE Exec but noticed that the seats on that model does not seem quite as supportive as those in the S-Line/BE.

So, the car is a stock car and am told by the dealer that its at Emden and will be waiting on a boat. I see when others buy a car, they get notifications on build all the way through to QA and shipping etc, is that something I should get from the dealer, albeit the car is part way through the process. Any ideas on the times it takes to get to the UK once in Emden, although have no idea how long its been there.

Couple of more questions if I may....

It was a BE that I test drove but sat in a SE Exec that was stickered up on the forecourt, I couldn't really make much difference out in the standard audio and the Bose that was in the BE - is there much of a difference? Maybe im just not an audiophile, or I am deaf :-)

Even though I have just had a £3k bill for the DSG in my wife's car (New mechatronic and clutch one) I have still gone for the DSG, anything other than the regular (38k?) oil change to be conscious about? On the wife's DSG, were told not to leave it in D and put the handbrake on - as in effect the clutch is slipping - you are supposed to either go to neutral or leave the footbrake on - this disengages the clutch enough so it doesn't slip. I believe that the cars have hold assist, does this cause any issues with the DSG akin to leaving a DSG in gear but on the handbrake, or does that mitigate the issue?

Although a lease car, I do want to look after it, partly to minimise any costs upon handback!!

0 0 0

2. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi ask the dealer to give you updates, should not be a problem for them. Re the DSG S-Tronic v good box see no problem in leaving it in D you can use the hols assist when you stop that apparently helps the box also stop-start. Which I hate.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Not sure if the dealer is messing me around, asked for shipping notifications so can start to plan disposal of my existing car etc but seems that the transfer of the car between dealers (it must have been allocated to another dealer) seems to be an issue.

Have a feeling a may be on the lookout for another car if situation doesnt improve.

0 0 0

4. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Have the order number now and is at status 38 which I believe is at Emden Port.

Cant wait.

0 0 0

5. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Re the Bose system in the BEs. In my opinion the standard audio is as good as, if not better, than the Bose.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

1 1 0

6. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    Re the Bose system in the BEs. In my opinion the standard audio is as good as, if not better, than the Bose.
    Having driven cars with both I don't think you can be more wrong. The Bose is much more detailed, better bass and certainly better at louder volumes. The normal one runs out of steam ...

0 0 0

7. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    Having driven cars with both I don't think you can be more wrong. The Bose is much more detailed, better bass and certainly better at louder volumes. The normal one runs out of steam ...
    I did say "In my opinion"...and this is based on owning both as well. So I'm not wrong at all.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

8. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    On the bose; I would say that some people have a more discerning ear when it comes to audio (don’t mean to cause offence with that statement ) and if you are one of them... you will notice a diff in the bose system across all the key areas; bass/treble/ channel clarity/ and loudness performance ; all of this said in my honest opinion of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

9. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    It also depends on the source as well. If its a higher quality the Bose will perform better imo. There are some comments on people on another thread that the non-Bose sounds better on lower quality music.

Would be an interesting test as I listen to 320kbps rips or above and DAB with a decent bandwidth normally.

The normal one sounded strained to me, especially at higher listening levels.

0 0 0

10. Re: New S-Line! Questions re shipping and the car. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. It all comes down to how good your hearing is against the specifaction and quality of the components. The bandwidth of stereo is 20hz to 20khz which gives acceptable sound but many recordings exceed this basic, where as the equipment we listen to tends to stick with the basic standard. Higher end equipment exceeds this as well as using noise reduction systems which helps the dynamic range, quite to loud, and amplification that has less distortions at higher levels and across a wider bandwidth. So sitting in your lounge you would hear the differences, but in your car, with all the background noise it will be harder to notice. So is Bose better than standard? Well yes but will you notice it day to day, many will not. Is the cost worth it ? That's up to you.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast