Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
    Don't worry guys, the ECU also estimates mileage of the car (not via gearbox encoder) and although the Speedo can maybe be adjusted to show one figure, changing the ECU one is not a simple matter. The ECU can maybe can be flashed or the like to change it but, the first trip to an Audi dealer would indicate that meddling had gone on and as a minimum a TD1 would show on the cars history with potential red faces for whoever meddled with it. So the proper way to do this is with the Dealer and not "creatively"!
    It’s all fine and dandy if they car goes back to a dealer and gets flagged but the average joe out there wouldn’t have a clue especially if they buy it second hand from a non franchise trader. Even if it does get flagged outside the dealerships no one will have a clue.
    Even people with vcds or a good diagnostic machine will have trouble looking for the ecu estimated mileage. I know I’ve been messing with vcds for years and I wouldn’t know where to look for that estimated mileage.
    0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    It’s all fine and dandy if they car goes back to a dealer and gets flagged but the average joe out there wouldn’t have a clue especially if they buy it second hand from a non franchise trader. Even if it does get flagged outside the dealerships no one will have a clue.
    Even people with vcds or a good diagnostic machine will have trouble looking for the ecu estimated mileage. I know I’ve been messing with vcds for years and I wouldn’t know where to look for that estimated mileage.
    This is a scan from a few years back from my old Seat Exeo, the mileage from the ECU is shown at the top of the scan, and as I had the car from new it was within a few miles of the speedo reading... Did the same on my Ibiza as well

Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    This is a scan from a few years back from my old Seat Exeo, the mileage from the ECU is shown at the top of the scan, and as I had the car from new it was within a few miles of the speedo reading... Did the same on my Ibiza as well

thats good to know 👍🏼. Never paid much attention to the scan other than use it as a backup from me playing with coding in case I **** something up.
    0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Not sure if it works with all models, but all my cars seem to show it I think it is within 20-30 miles of the speedo reading...
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    Not sure if it works with all models, but all my cars seem to show it I think it is within 20-30 miles of the speedo reading...
    That difference could be just conversion from km to miles depending how many decimal places you use as it’s not exactly 1.6 km to 1 mile.
    I would expect it to be fairly accurate as the ecu know engine speed and which gear it’s driving, only time is when you are coasting down a hill it will miss that but then it could pick up abs sensor and other sensor readings in those circumstances
    0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I intended my response as more of a warning; it is not a completely undetectable crime if you illegally wind back the odometer! [I am NOT implying that the OP intends to do anything illegal]

As for finding it in VCDS there is even a dedicated function to show you the estimated mileage and as other have said it is in the header of every report run in VCDS [the online manual on the VagCom site is a great reference]. I bought both of our current Audis from new, however when I bought my son and daughter's cars (Polo and Fabia) the cars were around 6 months old and it was the first thing I checked before I bought them...strange looks from the sales team but they had little option other than to let me check the mileage and also for fault codes.
    RS6 C7, Daytona Pearl, 21" Titanium, On Air, LEDs, Sports Exhaust, Dynamic Steering, Red Calipers, ACC, Top View, Connect, Rear Side Airbags, Heated Rear Seats, Privacy Glass
    0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Totally agree that it’s not undetectable. I think it’s great that places like these forums make it easier to find these thing out, it’s just a shame that not everyone out there is as savvy as the members here.
    I think for the OP, if you have clear documentation/audit trail, receipts and work carried out for the instrument cluster then it shouldn make any difference if the speedo read 100k or 10k. It shouldn’t affect resale value if you can prove the mileage.
    0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    It shouldn’t affect resale value if you can prove the mileage.
    Anyway it could look ugly.

I think, Audi have the proper equipment to set any mileage for the instrument cluster, as they are able to do this if they replace the modul on their own. So, IMHO for money, they should be able to legally replace the figures, but probably it costs more, then to replace the entire unit by them.

I agree with you, with a proper documentation, there could be no problem with the different figures. However, there will be problems for sure, it the figures will be changed outside the Audi area, as in this case it will be a fraud EVEN somebody sets the correct value for this element, as in this case you will surely miss the proper documentation that the mileage is correct. And when the next owner will bring the car to an Audi dealership, they will find the fraud.

And there will be no excuse, that somebody only replaced the unit and wanted to see the proper value.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro
    0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Not an offence to adjust recorded mileage, but it is an offence to sell a car knowing the mileage to have been altered and not declaring it.
    1 1 0

10. Re: Audi A6 2015 mileage coerection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I have just checked mine

And what if he retrofitted clocks like me in engine advance measurements it brings clock millage up

Enigma tool
    Smok UHDS can both do millage buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1 1 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast