Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Battery clamp - what am I doing wrong here?

1. Battery clamp - what am I doing wrong here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi
    Quick query regarding the battery clamp: my car didn’t come with one and instead had the wrong battery installed and jammed in place. Now that I have installed the correctly sized battery, I purchased a clamp supposedly for an A6 C5 but I can’t work out for the life of my how it attaches. Can someone please work out what I’m doing wrong by the attached pics?

Thank you!

iCloud Photo Sharing

0 0 0

2. Re: Battery clamp - what am I doing wrong here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    The bracket has 01 97 stamped on it, the C5 is from 98 - 2004, Could you have purchased the wrong one for the C4?

No matter what way I look at that bracket and battery, I can't see a way it will fit.
    2003 A6 C5 2.5 TDI Quattro Avant (180bhp)

0 0 0

3. Re: Battery clamp - what am I doing wrong here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Gosh, good spot. I hadn't noticed that! The damned ebay seller specifically said it had come from their C5, although an A6 Allroad and not just a regular A6 avant. Maybe that's where the confusion lies?
    I found a similar thread on here where someone made the same mistake and ended up modifying the incorrect bracket by taking a hacksaw to it and just keeping the lower section that bolts to the battery tray. I'm going to see what my hacksaw skills are like this weekend (if it stops snowing).

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

0 0 0

4. Re: Battery clamp - what am I doing wrong here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    You're welcome

I would fashion it to fit too, you've reminded me that mine is also missing off mine, the battery is very snug though!

Edit: Even better, I know where it is, the RAC fitted a new battery for the previous owner and I remember seeing a bracket in the left hand luggage compartment in the tailgate, I'm sure that's the battery clamp as it looks very similar to what you have posted - I had no idea what one looked like til now.

I'm sure you've just solved a problem for me!
    2003 A6 C5 2.5 TDI Quattro Avant (180bhp)

0 0 0