1. My new ride - Jaguar XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well, as the miles racked up on my XJ X358 it was time for a change.....

Well, look like the time has came to get my plate off the car, give her a good "seeing too" all over inside n out and put together a write up For sale.

All that being said, the vehicle I am interested in and should be buying and driving tomorrow, still has a private plate on it, so everything held up for another week or so.

My pride and joy for the past 4 years will be cleaned and looking her best, ready for viewing very soon, hopefully sorted over the weekend. Here's hoping she goes to a good home and is loved and appreciated moving forward.
    These sale sites have a few issues for my liking. They only allow a few pics like 9 or thereabouts, of course I want to post around 20-30 to cover all angles, probably need 2 or 3 just to show receipts / paperwork / mot's / keys etc etc

Of course you are limited to around 5000 words too.......need to add another 10,000 or so to cover it properly lol

You can usually tell from sale adverts, most of the time. The well looked after, loved example has 20+ pics and a mountain of words describing the car to the tenth degree.
    On the other hand (generally speaking) the advert with 1 pic, usually in bad light with the most basic write up EVER and asking top price too lol
    Exciting times but always tinged with more than a little sadness

The car was advertised and sold almost immediately, first buyer and the absolute easiest car sale in the world, EVER bar none. The funds for the car were actually put into my bank account the night before without even seeing the car in person!
    I'll miss the ole girl, but onwards n upwards.....

Jaguar XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB
    For those that don't know, The last 4 years have been a whirlwind of ownership in my XJ X358, A car I loved and enjoyed having many happy memories. She was with me for just a shade over 4 years having bought her at 62k miles around my 50th birthday, gone but not forgotten as they say

I started to get to thinking that around 15k - 20k per year was a little too much moving forward as she reached 130k miles so it was time for a change, I started looking quite enviously and in greater detail at the X351
    This now leads me to start my actual ownership thread relating the experiences of my time with the X351 Portfolio LWB I am now lucky enough to own.
    See car here.....
    XJ X351 as bought — Postimage.org

There's so much to see and learn
    The rear window and side window electric operated blinds are a really cool feature

The heated and cooled seats all round with 4 variable settings on them too were also a big hit!
    Played around with the TV and rear media for a while, BBC / CNN checked them out, so much more available though. It has it's own wifi hotspot so connectivity to the internet is possible and checked that out also.

The cameras are amazing, 360 degree surround camera with birds eye view is crazy, blind spot monitor and lots more.
    Looks like I'll have to contact Jaguar to set up the Incontrol account as it's already registered to the PO but I'll get that sorted asap.

Loving the soft blue hue that accentuates the door handles, clock and various window buttons etc in the evening, although not on the air vents as previously thought. These will look even better once I do the illuminated sill tread plates mod.
    Looks like I'll be nerding out on this stuff for quite a while
    It turns out that someone has taken a basic Portfolio worth around £74k and added almost £12k worth of options, toddled around town clocking up not a lot of miles and then sold to me for an absolute bargain

In all honesty I can't see how there is much I can do to put my own stamp on this, but we'll see as time goes by
    Initial thoughts are very simple and straightforward.....

1. Personal plate added as soon as the DVLA do their thing
    2. Bootlid spoiler
    3. Wheels off and hubs/ calipers painted, the Red will go nicely imo
    4. Front n rear dashcams are a must
    5. Illuminated sill tread plates

The journey begins.....

Jim

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

2. Re: My new ride - Jaguar XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Hi Jim, been following your journey into jaaag ownership for years, selling that one must have been a wrench after all the work you've done to it. Still, what a beautiful car you've got now. Stunning. I look forward to reading the updates from you. Well done.

David.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

3. Re: My new ride - Jaguar XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Hi Jim, been following your journey into jaaag ownership for years, selling that one must have been a wrench after all the work you've done to it. Still, what a beautiful car you've got now. Stunning. I look forward to reading the updates from you. Well done.

David.
    Thanks David, appreciate the comments and kind words

Loved my X358 and yes, did a lot of work on her, but sold to an enthusiast at least who will love her and take her forward.
    I'm really spoiled with the new car, just soo many toys to play with and have to learn too, even has the app on your phone that lets you locate your car, check mileage and mpg etc, as well as set climate settings and even start the car.

We still have the Audi A6 in the family, been with us almost 11 years now and racked up 150k miles, she's with my daughter and son in law now. She still shines up really well and flew through her mot a few days ago with only a couple of minor things needing done. I was just commenting on how she's still on the original turbo and original clutch too, lots of love for her too

Best
    Jim

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 1 0

4. Re: My new ride - Jaguar XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well I had a few hours spare today before getting back to the decorating lol. We are getting there, slowly but surely, just so much going on one way or another.

Washed the Jag and cleaned thoroughly inside n out, tyres blacked, inside cleaned and engine bay given the once over too. It's far from the finished article ( are they really ever finished? )

The time spent and above only serve to highlight the light swirl marks on the car, after 2 years of the previous owner, that need attention.
    They're not really bad, but they are present!

My hope is that before the forum meet I have some time to break out the Meguiars Ultimate compound and get 'er done, followed by an application of Poorboys Blackhole and some Chemical guys BLACK wax to finish.....at least that's the plan!

I'd like to have the wheels off and calipers painted red, hubs redone stock silver too if possible, although they're not in terrible shape, we'll see I guess.

Then found myself at Halfords topping up my supply of tyre dressing, whilst there I checked out the dashcams.

I was really happy with my Nextbase dashcams and there's a nice duo system out to cover both front n rear which I may go for, either that or spring and extra £100 or so and go down the route of Blackvue system which is awesome and quite discrete too.

I want new tyres, although they're not desperate by any means, mud flaps all round, bootlid spoiler and illuminated treadplates all round and in the boot.
    These are wants though, not needs so may have to wait, either that or I'll have them next month lol

Jim

0 1 0

5. Re: My new ride - Jaguar XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Looks great Jim. Not tempted to go back to an Audi?
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 1 0

6. Re: My new ride - Jaguar XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    Looks great Jim. Not tempted to go back to an Audi?
    Hi Scott, thanks for the nice comments

Jaguar is my car of choice for the foreseeable future I have to say, this really is the dogs danglies at least in my opinion. This is basically what the prime minister runs around in and FULLY LOADED.

Someone in London paid £86k new for this and I paid a whole lot less 2 years later, a real bargain.

I loved my A6 and she's still in the family ( my daughter has her ) and if I'm honest, if I wasn't in this then I would be in an Audi A8 4.2 Tdi Quattro which I also really love

Never say never I guess

Jim

0 0 0