Well, as the miles racked up on my XJ X358 it was time for a change.....

Well, look like the time has came to get my plate off the car, give her a good "seeing too" all over inside n out and put together a write up For sale.

All that being said, the vehicle I am interested in and should be buying and driving tomorrow, still has a private plate on it, so everything held up for another week or so.

My pride and joy for the past 4 years will be cleaned and looking her best, ready for viewing very soon, hopefully sorted over the weekend. Here's hoping she goes to a good home and is loved and appreciated moving forward.
These sale sites have a few issues for my liking. They only allow a few pics like 9 or thereabouts, of course I want to post around 20-30 to cover all angles, probably need 2 or 3 just to show receipts / paperwork / mot's / keys etc etc

Of course you are limited to around 5000 words too.......need to add another 10,000 or so to cover it properly lol

You can usually tell from sale adverts, most of the time. The well looked after, loved example has 20+ pics and a mountain of words describing the car to the tenth degree.
On the other hand (generally speaking) the advert with 1 pic, usually in bad light with the most basic write up EVER and asking top price too lol
Exciting times but always tinged with more than a little sadness

The car was advertised and sold almost immediately, first buyer and the absolute easiest car sale in the world, EVER bar none. The funds for the car were actually put into my bank account the night before without even seeing the car in person!
I'll miss the ole girl, but onwards n upwards.....

Jaguar XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB
For those that don't know, The last 4 years have been a whirlwind of ownership in my XJ X358, A car I loved and enjoyed having many happy memories. She was with me for just a shade over 4 years having bought her at 62k miles around my 50th birthday, gone but not forgotten as they say

I started to get to thinking that around 15k - 20k per year was a little too much moving forward as she reached 130k miles so it was time for a change, I started looking quite enviously and in greater detail at the X351
This now leads me to start my actual ownership thread relating the experiences of my time with the X351 Portfolio LWB I am now lucky enough to own.
See car here.....
XJ X351 as bought — Postimage.org

There's so much to see and learn
The rear window and side window electric operated blinds are a really cool feature

The heated and cooled seats all round with 4 variable settings on them too were also a big hit!
Played around with the TV and rear media for a while, BBC / CNN checked them out, so much more available though. It has it's own wifi hotspot so connectivity to the internet is possible and checked that out also.

The cameras are amazing, 360 degree surround camera with birds eye view is crazy, blind spot monitor and lots more.
Looks like I'll have to contact Jaguar to set up the Incontrol account as it's already registered to the PO but I'll get that sorted asap.

Loving the soft blue hue that accentuates the door handles, clock and various window buttons etc in the evening, although not on the air vents as previously thought. These will look even better once I do the illuminated sill tread plates mod.
Looks like I'll be nerding out on this stuff for quite a while
It turns out that someone has taken a basic Portfolio worth around £74k and added almost £12k worth of options, toddled around town clocking up not a lot of miles and then sold to me for an absolute bargain

In all honesty I can't see how there is much I can do to put my own stamp on this, but we'll see as time goes by
Initial thoughts are very simple and straightforward.....

1. Personal plate added as soon as the DVLA do their thing
2. Bootlid spoiler
3. Wheels off and hubs/ calipers painted, the Red will go nicely imo
4. Front n rear dashcams are a must
5. Illuminated sill tread plates

The journey begins.....

Jim