Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has fitted one of these and if so how have they found it.

It’s meant to piggyback onto the accelerator and take out that flat spot that is sometimes there. And that I find with my 3.0 v6 tdi at times

Was hoping that someone has had experience with this.

PedalBox

0 0 0

2. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Have you got drive select? If so have you tried driving in dynamic? A big difference on my car.

If not, it can be activated with Vcds, although you won’t get 100% functionality, throttle response, weightier steering and a few other bits are notable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Oh yes. I do use it now and then but find day to day there can be a bit of a lag at pull off sometimes many when I have been driving like an old lady around town. Would be nice just to have more of a response from the engine with the movement of the accelerator.
    This is what I was hoping this unit would give.

0 0 0

4. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    As you already know, some of the initial hesitation is due to turbo lag, something that is always been difficult to cure. One way is to use electric turbocharger tech, another is to use a charge of compressed air directly into the turbo to pre boost it. It will be interesting to see whether this box can solve it. Got good reviews from people who fitted it so who knows. Not expensive so why not try it?
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

5. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yes it is and would be great if it could slove that problem . im thinking of picking one up and will let you know how it goes

0 0 0

6. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    From my research and knowing some folk who have had the pedal box it acts in similar way to the drive select maybe a bit better, maybe worse.
    The problem the pedal box cures is the delay in the throttle to the computer interpreting it. This is an inherent problem with drive by wire systems unlike old throttles that has a physical connection to the pedal. All the pedal box does is get the signal to the ecu a bit quicker or show it’s at a higher point than it is so it feels you have better throttle response.
    It’s not going I cure turbo lag as this is a mechanical problem as these are relatively high boost turbos on small engines. Even the biturbo has lag just not as bad as the single turbos.

0 0 0

7. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well its fitted into the car and was very easy to fit the space is tight so have to do it by feel but it all in all was about 10 mins and that includes set up and where to place the control.
    Had great service and help from Andrew and Adam at Diesel Tuning boxes, Petrol Car and Hybrid | DTUK Performance always there to answer any questions that I had and there was a lot.

Anyway all fitted and working great right out of the box. after set up which is just the box working out the pedal travel its time for fun and to see which setting best suits needs and wants.

It as been a great help in cutting way down that lag you get without it and there are lots of settings and fine adjustments that can be made to get it just right .

Im over the moon with it and now its like driving a new car with much much better response . I'm still playing with the setting but even from just a few miles of driving its been a great investment and very happy.

It feels as if the engine has come alive that the best way that I can put it .

0 0 0

8. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just a quick update after a few weeks and man it have transformed the car now it is just effortless to drive . have not had to put it into sports at all . and when you tap the pedal your off . The main reason for fitting was to help with that dead feeling I was getting when pull away from a stop , eg into round about . sometime it was just roll forward before the power would kick in , But now its always there and the acceleration is ridicules now . the pedal is down by abut only 2 " most of the time and it feels like the power is always on tap ....Just how I wanted it from the start .

I have had it remapped and this has helped to bring it all to life and now you can feel the 290 BHP and 600 Nfb the car has

Very happy with this mod and money well spent . now I look forward to driving it all the time. its like a new car for me..... Top help and service from DTUK

0 0 0

9. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I drove a Golf R DSG that was stage 1 and pedal box, it was very quick to respond to driver input. Enjoy

0 0 0

10. Re: Pedal box. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconmick View Post
    I drove a Golf R DSG that was stage 1 and pedal box, it was very quick to respond to driver input. Enjoy

Thank you man yes the difference is wonderful and I just have it at sports + there's are still 3 more adjustments but don't ever think that I would needed them.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast