Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've had 3 A6's in last 10 yrs or so and this dual pricing system has always irritated me but I've put up with it until recent 38k inspection service and S Tronic gearbox service. Contacted usual dealership who have now centralised service bookings into a call centre and was quoted over £900.....can't remember the exact figure as the sound of my own laughter drowned out the last 2 numbers. When I said 'that can't be right' I was given the good news that the price would be much less next time as my car would be over 3 yrs old!

So next step was to email another Audi dealer (different group) to ask for a quote and I also emailed a local VW Audi independent and asked then for a quote. Local indy emailed quote straightaway at £480 for everything inc VAT and to dealer specification/parts. 2nd Audi dealer never replied. Work all done by Indy, no problems and electronic service log etc with Audi all updated as well. Indy has access to any software updates that are needed.

Didn't bother trying to price match and to be honest if they'd have dropped from £900+ to £480 I'd have been insulted as this would just confirm original quote was a joke. Probably won't use an Audi dealership again now.
    2.0 TDI Ultra S Line S Tronic 2015, Daytona Grey

0 1 0

2. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I do all my own service and repair, so I've only been to the local Audi dealership once, for a dipstick, as the top of mine was snapped off when I bought it.

I had to make a 60 km round trip to order it and another to collect it, and they got the wrong one.
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

3. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Having just rung for a price on my first service on A6 2016 and been quoted £642 by Reading Audi (I asked genuinely if they were taking the p***) I then got a slightly lower quote of £479 and then with the oil removed £360 (Shell Helix 0w30 which they told me I needed is £80 for 10l) so all in at £440 which is a total rip off for effectively an oil and filter change but asking around I know of noone who has been able to get any Kent/S.E. London based Audi dealer to price match (they are nearly all Inchcape which I think could be the reason!)

I just keep telling myself its £220 a year which I suppose is not that bad but still really hurts to be so ripped off knowing that if the car was 3 years old Audi would put a stamp in the book for less than £250 but what can you do if you dont want a fight on your hands if ever needing to claim off the warranty, needless to say the second that is finished off to an Indi I will go

2016 A6 3.0 272 Sline

0 0 0

4. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    £360 for oil is taking the **** a little.
    I’ve had this conversation with dealers before. Last time I told them to buy the oil across the road at the shell garage as they were selling the helix ultra for £25 for 5litres.

0 0 0

5. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nictry View Post
    Having just rung for a price on my first service on A6 2016 and been quoted £642 by Reading Audi (I asked genuinely if they were taking the p***) I then got a slightly lower quote of £479 and then with the oil removed £360 (Shell Helix 0w30 which they told me I needed is £80 for 10l) so all in at £440 which is a total rip off for effectively an oil and filter change but asking around I know of noone who has been able to get any Kent/S.E. London based Audi dealer to price match (they are nearly all Inchcape which I think could be the reason!)

I just keep telling myself its £220 a year which I suppose is not that bad but still really hurts to be so ripped off knowing that if the car was 3 years old Audi would put a stamp in the book for less than £250 but what can you do if you dont want a fight on your hands if ever needing to claim off the warranty, needless to say the second that is finished off to an Indi I will go
    Don't disagree with your sentiments, but at 2 years your car is getting what Audi would term a "major service" (ie Oil Change and Inspection) which Audi would charge £409 for on a 3+ year old car

0 0 0

6. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thats how I am looking at it, although had a call today from local dealer to confirm my booking and said would be £10 more as including pollen filter - thought this was interesting as Reading Audi told me this was £62!!!!!!

2016 A6 3.0 272 Sline

0 0 0

7. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nictry View Post

I've just had a quote from my local Audi garage for my cars 1st service at 18k miles (I change the oil every 9k).
    £306.91 plus VAT for the inspection and oil change or £168 plus VAT for inspection only. So that makes the oil change £139 plus VAT FFS! Pollen filter is £59.62 plus VAT on top of that.

0 0 0

8. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Thought I would update this thread as I have been speaking to Audi U.K. about a repair they aren’t warranting and asked for part numbers.
    This is how hollow of an offer this price matching is.
    It is audi uk/dealership network policy not to give part numbers out. This is to stop you sourcing alternatives or going outside the dealership network to get repairs/servicing done but their policy on price matching must include part numbers. The most you will get is a quote with a loose description of the part.
    A lot of suppliers/manufacturers have caught on to this that’s why you can match to pr numbers instead for things like brakes. More difficult if it’s not a run off the mill type part.
    At least some dealers don’t follow these rules as I have had a price match with a back of the fag packet type quote but some aren’t.

0 0 0

9. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    It is pathetic and very irritating. Leaves a sour taste. Audi now ignore me on Twitter as there is no credible defence as to why they can charge two different prices for precisely the same process, parts etc. You don't get anything extra for the higher price so how can it be justified?I just want them to explain, but they can't so ignore the question.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

10. Re: Service Price matching - impossible to satisfy conditions, so a hollow offer? 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    For a 2016 A6 2l Tdi, oil filter part number is 03N115562. Pollen filter is 4H0819439.
    Part numbers aren't hard to find. I use audipartsdirect.co.uk, buy them from there.
    I have an inspection carried out by Audi, buy genuine parts, use the approved oil and get my local garage to change the oil for a £20 contribution to the tea fund.
    Intact S/H, no questions with warranty and save quite a lot of money

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast