1. Mk7 golf leaks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hey guys I went and test drove a GTD tonight,but there was a serious amount of water in the bootwell,and on the floor behind passenger seat.
    Could someone tell me if this is a common fault in these cars? Is is an easy fix??
    The garage man tried to tell me the guys who washed the cars were (hose happy) and pretty much hosed everywhere
    When i mentioned this to the garage man,well reputive dealer (Charles Hurst) he said that he would have the sorted if I bought the car..

Now my concern was if I was to buy this car (14k) a lot of kudos in my opinion,for him to only dry out the car.. then if or when it was to re-appear for him
    to say there is nothing wrong,the car left the fore court fine and in great condition..

Any help much appreciated :-)

p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section..

I couldn't see where I was meant to put it up.

Thanks
    Last edited by MK7 GOLF; 05-03-2018 at 01:43 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Mk7 golf leaks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Moved it for you. Hopefully get some replies from the guys here. No idea about the leaks, but I would send an email outlining your concerns about the water and get a response in writing from them so you have evidence of the fault.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: Mk7 golf leaks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just had my Mk7 serviced and they found water in the bootwell. They didn't have enough time to find the cause and its booked back in again as a warranty item. In the meantime, 5 minutes on youtube found the most likely fault - there is a hose that drains the VW logo/boot latch which discharges at the bottom of the tailgate (on the outside of the rubber seal). The hose is held in place by a grommet, visible if you look on the bottom of the tailgate - this wears down/falls off and the hose then discharges water into the tailgate, which finds its way into the car. I checked mine and the hose was loose - I could see it with a torch through the grommet hole and I tested it with water poured down the tailgate - water flooded into the boot. No experience of wet footwells, but again I see videos of the issue on youtube.
    VW Golf MK7 Match 1.4TSI 122PS 5dr DSG | 2015 | Reflex Silver | Climatronic | SE wheels

0 0 0

4. Re: Mk7 golf leaks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    No probs, thanks a million for your input "Topdrawer"

Much appreciated

0 0 0