Hi,

Just ordered an A6 2.0 TDI Ultra S-Line S-Tronic as a lease from Audi dealer. I was looking for an instock car with no options to keep the costs down - happy with what the car has as a standard anyway, I have a Skoda Yeti just now that has Xenons, SatNav, Heated Leather and Parking Sensors. The S-Line gives me that and slightly more but in a far better package. Initially looking at just the SE Exec but noticed that the seats on that model does not seem quite as supportive as those in the S-Line/BE.

So, the car is a stock car and am told by the dealer that its at Emden and will be waiting on a boat. I see when others buy a car, they get notifications on build all the way through to QA and shipping etc, is that something I should get from the dealer, albeit the car is part way through the process. Any ideas on the times it takes to get to the UK once in Emden, although have no idea how long its been there.

Couple of more questions if I may....

It was a BE that I test drove but sat in a SE Exec that was stickered up on the forecourt, I couldn't really make much difference out in the standard audio and the Bose that was in the BE - is there much of a difference? Maybe im just not an audiophile, or I am deaf :-)

Even though I have just had a £3k bill for the DSG in my wife's car (New mechatronic and clutch one) I have still gone for the DSG, anything other than the regular (38k?) oil change to be conscious about? On the wife's DSG, were told not to leave it in D and put the handbrake on - as in effect the clutch is slipping - you are supposed to either go to neutral or leave the footbrake on - this disengages the clutch enough so it doesn't slip. I believe that the cars have hold assist, does this cause any issues with the DSG akin to leaving a DSG in gear but on the handbrake, or does that mitigate the issue?

Although a lease car, I do want to look after it, partly to minimise any costs upon handback!!