1. Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Just had MOT today, second one for car but first for me, when I had the wheels off last to clean them I could visually see the centres of the rear tyres were concave, I’m assuming this was from the previous owner over-inflating them. Well as suspected they were flagged up today as only having 2 - 2.5mm of tread left. The current tyres are 245/45/18 Bridgestone potenza’s audi quoted them as premium tyres and want £158 each to replace. They offered me a mid-range replacement which were Pirelli’s although these scored better at both wet grip and fuel economy?? at £142 a corner. I’ve heard the Michelin pilots are even better.....
    My question is what have you got fitted and how are they performing, wear, grip and noise wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I’m at 68k and about to fit 4th set of tyres. 245/45/18 2.0 Ultra.
    Car came with Bridgestone Turanza, which wore very quickly, then I had Michelin Primacy 3 which were good, followed by Avon ZZ5s which were not good, poor grip especially in the wet, although quite slow wearing. Of the 3 I’d have the Michelins again, but my next tyres will be Michelin Cross Climate. I wonder if any other owners tried the Cross climate?
    I have found that I have to inflate the front tyres to 1-2 psi below the minimum recommended for even wear across the tyre, so am not surprised to hear of the middle wearing.

0 0 0

3. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks robes401, is yours an avant? I’ve started using mine for pulling the caravan so would expect the tears to wear a bit more than usual but like I say the previous owner was an old man and did mainly motorway miles. I was just wondering why they stated premium tyres when they are actually worse than the cheaper alternative..? I prefer to have all the tyres the same on all axles but I think I may go for the Michelin’s next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Yup - Avant.

0 0 0

5. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Using Michelin Pilot Super Sports as my summer tyres. Ansolutely superb. Last forever too (had them for three years on my BiTdi over approx 40k mls with some 6mm left at the end). Fantastic handling too.

Expensive but highly highly recommended!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

6. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I would avoid the Bridgestones. Had them on my first 177 c7, from new they were good. After about 2mm wear, they were awful in any conditions other than bone dry and warm. Wear rate was awful too.

Had Goodyear asymmetric 2 on my second A6 ultra and they were great in all conditions. Definitely my favourite of all tyres and they wore great.

Michelin pilot sport 3 on current one and these are good but prefer the Goodyear. These wore quicker(272 now) and not brilliant in rain. A bit noisier too.

0 0 0

7. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I am running Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tyres 265/35/20 and find them pretty silent and good in the wets especially
    2017 SQ5 Prestige | Navarra Blue Metallic

0 0 0

8. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Currently on Bridgestone Turanza as supplied from the dealer. I've had no issues with them.
    I had Kumho Ecsta on my A4 B7 and had no issues with them. I've also used Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta and Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on other cars with no problems.
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

9. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Car came with Pirelli Cinturato P7 R17s.. done 24k and still some life left... no issues with wet grip yet, very impressed with the car maintaining grip doing 75mph on the curvy sideroads joining one motorway to another....

No experience of any other tyres on this car but they're quiet enough for me, supposed to be 71db....

apparently the lower the db number, quieter the tyre for generating road noise outside the car but to do that it directs the noise into the car consequently they are noisier for the car cabin.... hope it makes sense...

anybody else experienced this ie lower the db number noisier the tyres for cabin noise?

0 0 0

10. Re: Let’s talk tyres... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Tyres with the centres wearing seems to be a common problem, I am now inflating my tyres to 5psi below the recommended figures. The problem seems to occur at motorway speeds when using wide tyres. The centrifugal forces causes the wide tyres to curve which causes the centres to wear out. I have been using the original Goodyear efficientgrip 225/45/18, but will change to a different brand. Perhaps we can hear views on this thread on centre tread wearing out and what brands can cope better. The problem affected both front and rear tyres.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast