I think I've seen the car you are looking at on Auto trader. Issue is there aren't many passat/cc models on autotrader that are petrol, seems for the saloons, diesel is the go to variant for the VW/Audis. I have had a look at some bmw 3 series too. My father has a cc, so for what's its worth if you want my opinion on it, I'm not much of a fan of it. I think it's running 17" alloys and it just feels more rougher than my Passat B6 with 16". Due to it being sporty, when you sit inside it you fall into the seat because of how low the car is. Can have some issues with clearance when it comes to road bumps compared to my Passat which sits much higher. Also the version my father has, it's only got four seats with rear mid being for cup holders. But if you don't mind a slightly less comfy ride for a more sporty orientated car then it's fine. But no car has the exceptional sporty driving experience as a BMW.

Also due to you only putting a few miles on per year, don't be afraid of a higher mileage car. At 190K miles on the Passat CC, it's had egr valve and DMF/clutch changed. The most expensive things are clutch, turbo, timing chain and cylinder head (head gasket). If you could get a higher mileage car that's recently had timing chain and new clutch put it, that would be perfect. If done by dealer, then there's also the warranty too. I'll have a look and see if I can find a decent alternative to your Passat cc you have found.