1. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I always find the 3.0tdi warms up quick.....or at least i get heat quickly. I'm not bothered what the gauge reads in the winter as long as i get heat from the vents.

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I find my 3.0l tdi warms up much quicker than my previous 2.0l tdi A6 (both the gauge and from the vents). I'm currently in another A6 2.0l tdi courtesy car and that again is slow to warm up compared to the 3.0.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    I find my 3.0l tdi warms up much quicker than my previous 2.0l tdi A6 (both the gauge and from the vents). I'm currently in another A6 2.0l tdi courtesy car and that again is slow to warm up compared to the 3.0.
    That's because you are burning fuel at a much higher rate in a 3.0l !!

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    That's because you are burning fuel at a much higher rate in a 3.0l !!
    Probably. Higher, but not that much higher though. Also the 2.0 revs higher than the 3.0 yet the difference in warm up time is considerable.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Everyone seems to be moaning about their newer type 2.0tdi cooling system at the moment.. Sounds like its either over complicated, poorly designed, or just over efficient at cooling.

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    The 3.0tdi heats the water up fairly quickly. In my case about 5 or 6 miles in winter to reach the 4 bars or 90C. If you switch the aircon on, the fan operates to improve cooling because the engine is working harder. The fact that the engine cools down when the aircon is turned on points to the thermostat. There are 2 thermostats in the 3.0TDI. If you PM me your email address, I will send you the study guide.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Sorry I meant one "coolant shutoff valve" and "one thermostat" and not 2 thermostats. The shutoff valve remains shut to improve rapid heating. I suspect this valve is stuck open so check its electrical operation, or the thermostat is faulty.

The air conditioner regulation system only actuates the coolant shut-off valve -N82- in certain air conditioner settings (e.g. in “OFF” mode or if maximum cooling output is required). The engine speed must then be less than 5000 rpm and the coolant temperature less than 95 °C.
    t Shutting off the coolant circuit to the air conditioner heat exchanger accelerates warm-up of the engine when the coolant is cold.
    t The coolant shut-off valve -N82- is open when not actuated to permit checking of the electrical function of the valve. This takes place at certain intervals (e.g. brief actuation for approx. 1 second on every 20th engine start).
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Should get the following fault code if your coolant shutoff valve is faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    These recent tech based replies are very helpful! Will do a scan and see if it comes up with anything.

0 1 0

10. Re: A6 won't warm up... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad I found this thread in the forum because I have an Audi A6 C7 2013 2L TDI that I've had since June last year I also have and A6 C5 2001 1.9 TDI my old faithful which I've had for 13 years. I have the exactly the same trouble with my A6 C7 the engine cools down during idle and has been cooling down while driving in these winter conditions before December I had to thermostat changed which didn't solve the problem last week when it was Sub-Zero temperatures it would hardly get up to 90 degrees so I put some cardboard in front of the radiator which grates me to do on a new car this is not the 1970s but it's solved the issue it warmed up nice and quick 90 degrees within 6 miles the engine was fine with the cardboard while I was going out the motorway working it hard I even had warm feet which made a change. I also believe that these engines need to be at 90 degrees because that's when they're the most efficient I used to be a diesel fitter and the number one rule for getting the vans and trucks through the smoke test was that you had to have the engine hot running temperature because that's when they were efficient and producing less smoke why would an engine that is quite happy to run at 90 degrees during the summer with them prefer to run at 70 or 80 degrees during the winter months makes no sense plus if it's running cold producing more smoke the more likely you're going to mess up the DPF and that's expensive. But seeing the widespread problem just on the forum makes me believe it's a huge problem out in the real world by what I've seen so far is the same old story no one seems to be able to get to the bottom of this which makes me Believe at the moment that either the thermostat is not closing and making the cooling system an open circuit may be a software issue that's why no one can find the problem or something bypassing the digital thermostat.
    All these cars would have been tested probably somewhere like Norway for Sub-Zero temperatures there's no way this issue got passed those engineers so it must be something that's happened since then maybe updates who knows if anyone get to the bottom of this please share it be much obliged and if I come across anything I will let you know as well. You know after 13 years of owning Audis I'll do nothing but swear by Audis now all I seem to be doing is swearing at them.2018-03-03 21.23.18.jpg

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast