1. golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 1.6 2011 golf. Starting having the revs jump about and then eventually started cutting out. No fault codes stored. Automatically I assumed fuel filter may have started to block. Put a new fuel filter in and managed to get the car to run for a few minutes but sounded like possibly 2 of the injectors were making a ticking noise and then the car would not start again. If the injectors are not performing as they should would I have any fault codes stored in the car? as I've seen previously injectors do not always give you fault codes if their not performing as they should. I could carry out a leak off test but unsure whether this would definitely confirm that the injectors are to fault. Any advice would be grateful.

0 0 0

2. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Diesel? If so it is probaly the EGR valve.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any way to confirm this without removing it? Or would I have to remove it to see if it has seized I assume your on about it clogging up and the valve becoming jammed. I've heard of egr deletes which basically sticks it in the open position to stop it from happening again but I'm guessing this would require a new egr to be fitted either way. I have no engine managent light on which I thought a egr would bring on.

0 0 0

4. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    So it is a diesel. I had one in this afternoon, a 2 litre but it's the same, and the owner showed me videos of the way the rev counter behaved and there were no engine lights. A fault code read showed three separate EGR fault codes. EGR deletes are illegal and an environmental crime.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have no fault codes at all. when the fault first started the revs were bouncing at idle only low revs then when the car was turned off it would not start back up again. As I first previously said I put a new fuel filter in as I don't believe this has been changed in a while. The fuel system is bleed and I'm receiving fuel to my fuel pipes going to injectors. If two injectors are failing which by the ticking noise I assume they maybe. would the car still be able to run on the remaining two as I have seen cars in th past still run.

0 0 0

6. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    When you fitted the new fuel filter did you prime the fuel system using a diagnostic machine or just turn it over until it started?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was told it self primes just by turning the ignition on and off

0 0 0

8. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    No, VW are emphatic that it should be bled for a quite long period using a diagnostic system, some early common rail cars had two electric fuel pumps and these have to be individually primed.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would this restrict the amount of fuel I have going to the fuel pipes as i have definitely got fuel going to them. There seems to be a lot but could be possible not enough and this is why the car is not starting?

0 0 0

10. Re: golf mk6 1.6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Trying to start it without being primed can make the main pressure pumps vanes bite into the aluminium bore of the pump which drops the fuel pressure below the start threshold and can fill the injectors with shards of aluminium. This is quite common after missfuelling and not cleaning the system out properly as the loss of lubrication destroys the pump.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast