1. Rear doors problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, the rear doors on my A7 won’t open from the outside but do from the inside. I have checked the settings in the MMI and it is set to all doors open. Any suggestions on what it could be, don’t really fancy aging £££ to the dealers if it’s something that can be easily fixed. Thanks for reading.

0 0 0

2. Re: Rear doors problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B9gsy View Post
    Hi, the rear doors on my A7 won’t open from the outside but do from the inside.
    I'm not sure about your problem.

Does it mean, that you are not able to open the rear doors with the handles, or does it mean, that if you press the keyfob's open button then the rear doors remain closed?

If the answer is the keyfob, then please check the passanger door. If that one remains also closed, than you have selected the option in the MMI to not to open all doors with a single press. In this case you have to press the open button twice (if I know well), because the first press will open the driver's door only, and the second press opens all the doors. If you disable this feature in the MMI, then all your doors will be opened by one single press.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Rear doors problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    I'm not sure about your problem.

Does it mean, that you are not able to open the rear doors with the handles, or does it mean, that if you press the keyfob's open button then the rear doors remain closed?

If the answer is the keyfob, then please check the passanger door. If that one remains also closed, than you have selected the option in the MMI to not to open all doors with a single press. In this case you have to press the open button twice (if I know well), because the first press will open the driver's door only, and the second press opens all the doors. If you disable this feature in the MMI, then all your doors will be opened by one single press.
    Hi, sorry I meant the door handles don’t open the door. The passenger door opens up ok it’s just the rear doors that don’t.

0 0 0

4. Re: Rear doors problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    If it was the opposite way around (ie the doors open using the outside handles but not the inside ones) I'd suspect the child locks are engaged (from the driver's door switch panel).

Might be a trip to the dealers to sort out your issue here, though.

Good luck!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

5. Re: Rear doors problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Have you had a Vcds scan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

6. Re: Rear doors problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    If both rear door handles packed up at the same time I would suspect it would be electrical. however if one packed up some while ago and the other only just stopped working recently I would suggest removing the rear door cards to check the linkages between the handles and latches.

0 0 0