1. Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello all.. newbie here from Scotland.. Just bought my first audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi sline se having a few problems if any of u guys out there could help. First off it's got a really strong burning diesel smell when idling has been remapped with dpf delete..dpf been gutted and welded perv owner.. 2nd prob it's first start after it's been cooled it's don't want to take off let clutch up untill it starts to bite and keeps wanting to cut out even while trying to give it gas won't take it.. have to get the revs up a good bit and feather the clutch to take off after 2 mins of driving it's fine untill cooled again.. hopefully some of u guys have some ideas. Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    You have bought an illegally modified car, DPF delete cars stink, often in more ways than one. All I can suggest is to fit a new DPF and have the software restored to standard and take it from there.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    That must be a pd engine in a B7 with (removed) dpf . Get engine scanned, could be a coolant temp sender faulty. As Crasher says above not a clever mod to make, be aware of changes to MOT in 2018
    MOT DPF changes now expected in May 2018 - Garagewire

0 0 0

4. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for replys. I do indeed plan on getting new dpf fitted and remapped back to original map. Would this be the burnt diesel smell I'm getting? Even standing over the engine bay can smell it really strong smell..

0 0 0

5. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Did have codes read yesterday but unfortunately no codes..Just a standard obd2 reader though.

0 0 0

6. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A4b7tdi View Post
    Thanks for replys. I do indeed plan on getting new dpf fitted and remapped back to original map. Would this be the burnt diesel smell I'm getting? Even standing over the engine bay can smell it really strong smell..

After a few thousand miles tell us what mpg loss you experience ?

A new genuine dpf is going to be a fair wack .

If going that route of reinstalling a dpf I'd get a Stage 1 remap as you will undoubtedly miss the power , smoothness and ease of drivability previously .

Has the oil pump drive been addressed ?

0 0 0

7. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    There's no paperwork for an oil pump so unsure... was told the dpf failed and it put back pressure on the turbo?? It's just had new turbo as well.. Yea not going to be cheap getting new dpf.. I'm getting around 600 miles per tank reset miles before full but computer says 38 mpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Engine code ?

0 0 0

9. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Where would i find this?

0 0 0

10. Re: Few problems Just bought 1st audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi se 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    A word of caution on a new DPF. We take clogged ones off and send them for cleaning but last year we had an A6 where one of the EGT sensors galled it’s thread and would not come out so we decided to fit a B&M filter from their premium range. We also fitteded a new sensor and calibrated and set everything up correctly. Within days he was back in, light on and to cut a long and painful story short, we ended up fitting another DPF under warranty but this also would not stay working for more than a few days. I spoke to B&M and their chap put the number into his system and said something like “oh yes, we have had a lot of those back, three from the same company”. Luckily we had not thrown the original DPF away so we sent it away to have the sensor spark errdoded out and the filter cleaned. Months later it has performed faultlessly. Now if we need a new DPF we only fit genuine. A sting in the tail is that the new EGT sensor we fitted to the first DPF galled it’s thread coming out of the second and we had to replace it again. Forgive the tale of woe but to illustrate what the garage trade goes through we still have not been reimbursed for the two DPF’s, any of the additional labour, three unnecessary pressure sensors and the additional temp sensor so are around 2k out of pocket.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast