Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Correct turbo for 2007 GT 140hp?

1. Question Correct turbo for 2007 GT 140hp? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. New here, although I've been stalking the boards for a few months since I bought my very first VW. Always wanted a Golf since I almost bought one, aged 18 and (thirty years late!) finally got one!

To cut a long story short, I'm looking for a new turbo. Intermittent power loss at high revs. Showing code P0234 (over boost condition). All research and advice suggests sticking vanes and new turbo required.

Anyway, I bought the car from a trader (was cat C) four months and 2000 miles ago. I have managed to strike a deal where he will agree to fit an new turbo f I supply the part in advance. I think that's a pretty reasonable compromise and I'll go down the refurbished route (£300ish I think), but I'm really struggling to be sure I get the correct part. I've had a brief look into the engine bay and there's little chance I can read a part number without getting proper stuck in beyond my capabilities. No luck with any VAG outlets as they refuse to give any OE/part numbers etc, which seems a bit harsh.

So please, please help me. Does anyone know for sure what the correct part reference should be for this make and model? I've got the reg doc in front of me if anybody needs any further info.

Massive thanks, in advance. Fingers crossed...

0 0 0

2. Re: Correct turbo for 2007 GT 140hp? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Get the one on the car refurbished.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Correct turbo for 2007 GT 140hp? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. In an ideal situation, I would but I'm kind of pushing the guy I bought it from to do this work and I can sense he wants to do the job in one hit. I don't think he'll agree to have it sit around and also send off the turbo for the work etc. He's also an hour plus away, so it's a bit of a tricky one. I can obviously use the existing one to part-ex with a refurb one, but only once the work has been done, I think.

0 0 0

4. Re: Correct turbo for 2007 GT 140hp? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just had a new turbo fitted to my daughter's GT Sport - that's the PETROL 140BHP turbo/supercharged engine. Is that the same as yours, or is yours the 140 gtD?
    anyway - spend time googling "Replacement turbo for ...." ....whatever detail you can put in. 2008 Mk5 VW Golf gt. whatever it it.
    You can also look on ebay, and the dealers normally have a facility to check suitability against your reg. £300 is pretty much lowest price; you would pay about £650 for the Borg Warner fitted as OEM. Most of these people will help over the phone too. Just narrow it down by giving as much detail as possible....

0 0 0

5. Re: Correct turbo for 2007 GT 140hp? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for helping. Mine's the diesel. Zu11y has pm'd me with the VW part number, so hope all okay now. They're available remanufactured for £200-£300 on ebay with a 2 yr warranty. Hope this is all going to work out for me. VW wanted £750 odd + fitting!!

0 0 0