1. MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I decided to update the MMI 3G Basic sat nav on my latest Audi which is a 2010 A6 Avant 2.0tdi. Because I am not very tech savvy I got a price for the update from my local Audi main dealer and decided to let them do it.

When it went in it was running BNAV P0022 with 2009/10 maps.

Now when I look at the version information it says -

BNAV P0022

(but is running 2017/18 maps)

Nav Database - 4GO 060 884 AB EUW 5.25.2 (which corresponds with the loaded disc details)

Dealer says his chief techy has checked it over and all working fine but having previously looked on the net I thought the firmware had to be updated from P0022 to K0257 then K0260 in order to run these latest maps.

Is there something strange going on here or am I "worrying" about nothing??

0 0 0

2. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly9749 View Post
    I decided to update the MMI 3G Basic sat nav on my latest Audi which is a 2010 A6 Avant 2.0tdi. Because I am not very tech savvy I got a price for the update from my local Audi main dealer and decided to let them do it.

When it went in it was running BNAV P0022 with 2009/10 maps.

Now when I look at the version information it says -

BNAV P0022

(but is running 2017/18 maps)

Nav Database - 4GO 060 884 AB EUW 5.25.2 (which corresponds with the loaded disc details)

Dealer says his chief techy has checked it over and all working fine but having previously looked on the net I thought the firmware had to be updated from P0022 to K0257 then K0260 in order to run these latest maps.

Is there something strange going on here or am I "worrying" about nothing??

Hi,

Assuming you went to Stoke Audi, and assuming their Master Tech is still Robin, he knows what he's doing. If you're worried, have a word with Chris Long on service reception (he's a really nice guy), and he will probably check with Robin for you to make sure.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    SW and map update are not related. Still early software had plenty tiny bugs and i would update anyway, but up to you(pure personal choice). New map probably in March or end of February for BNav.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

4. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Hi,

Assuming you went to Stoke Audi, and assuming their Master Tech is still Robin, he knows what he's doing. If you're worried, have a word with Chris Long on service reception (he's a really nice guy), and he will probably check with Robin for you to make sure.

Cheers!

MF.
    Hi MF. Thank you for the reply feel a lot more confident in it now. This is what I picked up on the A5OC forum -

"
    If your firmware version is bellow K0257 then do K0257 followed by K0260. If you are at K0257 do only K0260."

This forum also seems convinced that the map update will not work until that is done. However mine is working just fine up to now. Yes it was Stoke Audi and they assured me all was fine. Just trying to grasp if there are any advantages in updating the software.

Cheers - Neil

Thanks also to Gunnark 100 for your reply. Does the later software have any advantages other than the bug fixing?

0 0 0

5. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly9749 View Post
    Thanks also to Gunnark 100 for your reply. Does the later software have any advantages other than the bug fixing?
    No Neil, there is 0 advantages i can name on bnav, there is few tiny rumors from people like zoom speed or scale, ami scrolling speed etc etc...but i cant say that it is fact they came with software update, maybe just people noticed those first time. Not like on 3G+ were are confirmed some advantages if getting newer soft etc(as audi usualy dont publish list what is improved, ive seen few lists, but not for bnav). Audi normally only updates software if costumer is not happy with some function etc. Just it has been common sense in "aftermarket" to update soft and map together. So, you will not gain any new function or menu or at least im not aware of advantages which are so to say facts!

Gunnar
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

6. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thank you Gunnar, probably best to leave it as it is then if no extra features. I do not use it very often anyway but it is nice to have latest maps now loaded as the ones I replaced were about eight years old.

0 0 0

7. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi there I was hoping I might get some help with a A6 avant 2009 I just purchased. It had a Bluetooth issue and software version read BBT_EU_K0020_D1 and was advised to install P0020_ADJBK_FIX which worked and now have Bluetooth. I am wondering if car ever had sat nav also. software version now shows P0020_ADJBK_FIX and my Train version is K0020 and MU Software 0040. Any help if I can get Sat nav Thank you

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor13 View Post
    Hi there I was hoping I might get some help with a A6 avant 2009 I just purchased. It had a Bluetooth issue and software version read BBT_EU_K0020_D1 and was advised to install P0020_ADJBK_FIX which worked and now have Bluetooth. I am wondering if car ever had sat nav also. software version now shows P0020_ADJBK_FIX and my Train version is K0020 and MU Software 0040. Any help if I can get Sat nav Thank you

Maybe, but nobody have taken risk to properly test this on 3G radio system...because risk to brick unit is possible etc! Swap to better system is very cheap in 2018(if you know from where and how)!

0 0 0

9. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    Maybe, but nobody have taken risk to properly test this on 3G radio system...because risk to brick unit is possible etc! Swap to better system is very cheap in 2018(if you know from where and how)!
    Thank you for that info as I didn't realise my system was a 3g radio. I have sat nav DVD slot so I thought it was at one stage. I won't go for a swap I think. cheers

0 0 0

10. Re: MMI 3G Basic map update. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    On picture they all same 3G radio plus MU, 3G basic MU and 3G high, but MU and SW versions are different!

Yours does not support Nav.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast