Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Help please! Centre arm rest, what options do I have?

1. Help please! Centre arm rest, what options do I have? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi, I've recently purchased a 2007 Q7 S Line and in the centre console I have this...

Q1: What is this?
    Q2: What options do I have for media?
    Q3: Can I link my phone in here to play music and make calls?

Thank you for any help.

0 0 0

2. Re: Help please! Centre arm rest, what options do I have? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1kely View Post
    Hi, I've recently purchased a 2007 Q7 S Line and in the centre console I have this...

Q1: What is this?
    Q2: What options do I have for media?
    Q3: Can I link my phone in here to play music and make calls?

Thank you for any help.
    It looks to me like the baseplate for a Generation 2 or 3 phone cradle. Audi have stopped making these now, I think. The idea was you could buy a cradle to fit your phone, and it would charge the phone plus connect it to the MMI for making/receiving calls. For some phones it also connected the phone to the car's antenna too. As far as I'm aware it was just for calls though - not for music streaming. Does your car have bluetooth? Depending on the car's age, it might support bluetooth music streaming if so? Probably not if it's a 2007...

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

3. Re: Help please! Centre arm rest, what options do I have? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey. thanks for the reply.

When I press the TEL button, it says "TELEPHONE NOT INSTALLED" on the MMi. Is this something I can switch on in VAGCOM?

I have noticed that there is a microphone installed in the overhead lighting area so it must have the hardware installed. I can't currently get into the hidden menu so I don't know how to check if it has bluetooth, I have an in dash 6 CD changer, it's a 2007 S Line. I imagine it would have Bluetooth hardware installed. Weather or not it has capability of music streaming or not I don't imagine it would. Is there anything I can plug into the MMi to stream music from the cloud through the MMi?

Thanks for your help.

0 0 0

4. Re: Help please! Centre arm rest, what options do I have? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hey. thanks for the reply.

When I press the TEL button, it says "TELEPHONE NOT INSTALLED" on the MMi. Is this something I can switch on in VAGCOM?

I have noticed that there is a microphone installed in the overhead lighting area so it must have the hardware installed. I can't currently get into the hidden menu so I don't know how to check if it has bluetooth, I have an in dash 6 CD changer, it's a 2007 S Line. I imagine it would have Bluetooth hardware installed. Weather or not it has capability of music streaming or not I don't imagine it would. Is there anything I can plug into the MMi to stream music from the cloud through the MMi?

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like you just have the hard-wired connection from the phone cradle to the car, and no bluetooth. The microphone would be used if you had a phone in a cradle attached to the car.

Does your car have AMI (Audi Music Interface)? On your car it would sit in the glovebox next to the CD changer. If you have that, you could connect an iPod/USB disk/thumb drive to the car and control it through the MMI. You could probably connect an A2DP streaming adaptor to it too if you wanted bluetooth streaming from a device in the car.

If you don't have AMI you're stuck, though. You might want to look at getting it retrofitted. An alternative would be a Dension Gateway, which could give you AMI features and bluetooth telephone connection too.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

5. Re: Help please! Centre arm rest, what options do I have? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That makes sense! Thanks.

I doesn't have AMI, it has an in dash 6 CD changer so it looks like Gateway 500S BT (Dual FOT) is going to be my best option, I just hope there's room behind the dash to fix it safely. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

0 0 0

6. Re: Help please! Centre arm rest, what options do I have? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    That makes sense! Thanks.

I doesn't have AMI, it has an in dash 6 CD changer so it looks like Gateway 500S BT (Dual FOT) is going to be my best option, I just hope there's room behind the dash to fix it safely. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Just as one final sanity check, if you start the car then search on your phone for bluetooth devices, do you see the car as a device your phone can connect to? If not, then you don't have bluetooth...

Cheers!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

7. Re: Help please! Centre arm rest, what options do I have? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Nope. I’ve been trying to find ways to enable via VCDS but as of right now, I’ve been unable to find any options to change.

At least I’ve managed to get video in motion working over 3mph.

0 0 0