Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 1995 Polo 1.3 immobiliser problem?

1. 1995 Polo 1.3 immobiliser problem? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My daughters Polo has an annoying fault which I think has to be an immobiliser problem most times it works fine but it then will start briefly & stop & then it will not start properly.just brief start & die. She has had to be recovered a number of times & being a mum with kids this can be a serious problem. Diagnosis with a plug in reader points to the immobiliser or key recognition problem. Any suggestions please. It's an old car but in pretty good nick engine is fine when it runs she can't afford another car I need a cheap fix if possible I've been offered a mod to the ECU to bypass the immobiliser cost £70 -100 I think that is last resort but any suggestions welcome. no panic as she has borrowed my 1997 1.4 Polo but she doesn't like the colour (Memory Red) prefers her Chagall blue car!
    I did try the battery volts as I know the immobilisers are sensitive to low voltage, battery is good & I cleaned the terminals & the clamps & assembled them dry (no grease on contact surfaces) only all over outsides of clamps etc.

0 0 0

2. Re: 1995 Polo 1.3 immobiliser problem? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    it costs around £80 to get someone out & replace the key

They use a computer to go into the ECU to get the immobiliser code , put it in the new key, cut it for you and away you go

I would get two spare keys & you keep it incase one goes missing

Far easier to go down this road, replacing door locks, ignition switch & ecu
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

3. Re: 1995 Polo 1.3 immobiliser problem? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    EVEN CHEAPER METHOD IS TO TRY A SPARE KEY !!

I forgot to say
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

4. Re: 1995 Polo 1.3 immobiliser problem? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is usually the reader coil around the ignition barrel, up to May 97 production it is VW part number 1H0 953 254 E and is £79.68 from VW but much less from tinterweb sellers
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0