1. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Surprised about the comment's on the Bose sound system. I have had HarmanKardman, Bower Wilkins and have found the Bose up there with them but you have to turn the volume up to appreciate the quality sound.
    Awaiting A6 Avant Quattro SE Executive 3.0 TDI 218ps.

Metallic Diamond beige, adaptive air suspension, Bose surround sound, LED matrix headlights, parking pack, technology pack, ambient lighting, heated folding mirrors, comfort seats, privacy glass and finally a swivelling ball!

1 0 0

2. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddie View Post
    Surprised about the comment's on the Bose sound system. I have had HarmanKardman, Bower Wilkins and have found the Bose up there with them but you have to turn the volume up to appreciate the quality sound.
    That could be right for a HiFI audio system, but we don't compare the Bose to these, but to the factory Audi audio. If I know well, currently there are no options for H/K or B&W in the A6, and the B&O system is far more expensive. IMHO that's the reason why nobody suggested that system as a must have/nice option for a new car
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I’ve heard the B&o in an a5 and that was really good but on the A6 it’s a £5-6k option and I would say definitely not worth the extra. It just looks cool with the tweeters that rises up from the dash.
    The Bose in the A6 is only mildly better than the standard and only worth it if it was bought with the black edition otherwise it’s like a £1k+ option. For £1k you can get much better aftermarket stuff.
    Got to remember the A6 is very well soundproofed especially the fl with the double glazing. Even a cheap ish sound system will sound pretty good in a soundproofed box.

0 0 0

4. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    I can only add from my experience, but.....

My previous BiTdi had the BOSE system. While I found it to be very good (and very loud) it was always on the ”dark” side with a bit to much bass for my liking. Didnt matter how much I adjusted the actual bass, the sound is simply dark. Same goes for the BOSE speakers we have at home in the kitchen etc. loud, but dark.

In the new S6 I went the whole way and added the B&O. Incredibly expensive (and not worth €6k but one pays for the design with them) but adds so much sound it simply can not be compared to the BOSE!

I also added the option of 360 degree insulated windows (so not just the front as in the BiTdi), an option I think is not available in the UK.

The last two together makes a world of difference! Outside, one can hear pretty much nothing at high volume, but inside....well, its almost impossible for me to crank it up anymore than about half way!

Would I buy it again? Yes!

But every ear is different!

As a side note, wife’s XC60 has the Harman/Kardon surround and I have also had the oppertunity to use the B&W system for a few days in a new XC90. Well, none of these systems are anywhere near the quality of sound from the B&O system! The HK system was a €1200 upgrade and the B&W a €3k upgrade.

I also like to say that I have a ”musical ear” as I have played trumpet for many years and can easily hear each individual notes being played. At home I use a very nice 9.1 system of seperates. Nothing like Chess being played loud.....
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

5. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I've currently got a brand new A6 courtesy car. Just an Sline manula. The audio in that is better than my Bose equipped A7 (IMO anyway), which has the insulated windows.

I agree with NewAudi about the 'dark' sounding of the Bose system, no matter what settings one makes it just doesn't sound right. Tbh, I've never been fond of Bose as a product. Some guys I used to work with raved about it as the 'best' in hifi. Seriously? There are much better sounding systems out there than Bose, even B&O - which really is style over substance. B&O is not bad, just so expensive for what it is. My Old man had a B&O hifi system and whilst it sounded nice, was it really that much better than some similar Sony at a quarter of the price?
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

6. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    For me the B&O was just too pricey. The Bose is OK but I’m not sure it’s so much better than standard to justify the money if you are choosing between options.

If money is no object then it’s a different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    ...Nothing like Chess being played loud.....
    I suggest you glue some felt onto the bottom of each of the pieces and perhaps put a rubber band around the tops of each of the Kings to prevent a noisy resignation.

0 1 0

8. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    in a hurry so i'll just give my preferences without having read any of the replies above:

adaptive cruise is must for me, on motorways and start stop traffic
    basic parking sensors both back and front ones for a car that is certainly bigger than it feels
    adaptive lights when i switch from motorway to country roads
    lane assist is a bit hit and miss - cant trust it so cant rely on it, having said that i am thankful for the times it does work when i am distracted by changing radio stations etc...
    sim card for the satnav, auto re-routing during congestion and just telling the car to find the nearest asda, argos, mcdonalds is quite handy... its not the fastest but its certainly useful
    seats that extend to provide under the thigh support..
    i do think i needed heated seats.. couple of days a week i start driving before 5 in the morning and car does take 5 minutes before starting to warm up and 10 minutes to actually get warm so i think the electric heated seats would have been very handy... would like ot have a decent electrical heating unit fitted if someone can recommend a good value one?

so this is the must have lost personalised for my driving use..... if you only get one thing from the list above i'd say get adaptive cruise, its of equal use on motorways/in town centre/in stopstart traffic anywhere

0 1 0

9. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car came with the following -

Model: Audi A6 Black Edition 2.0 TDI quattro 190 PS S tronic.
    Colour: Mythos Black, metallic.
    Optional extras:
    Equipment and design packages
    Technology Pack
    Front centre armrest
    MMI touch
    Colour DIS
    Navigation system - High
    MMI navigation plus
    Audi Connect and Audi Phonebox
    Seat upholstery/leather trim
    Perf Alcantara/leather S line
    Mirrors
    Ext mir elec/fold/heat/dim/mem
    Interior trim colours S line/coloured stitching seat upholstery colour
    black-silver/black/black/black Model: Audi A6 Black Edition 2.0 TDI quattro 190 PS S tronic.
    Colour: Mythos Black, metallic.
    Optional extras:
    Equipment and design packages
    Technology Pack
    Front centre armrest
    MMI touch
    Colour DIS
    Navigation system - High
    MMI navigation plus
    Audi Connect and Audi Phonebox
    Seat upholstery/leather trim
    Perf Alcantara/leather S line
    Mirrors
    Ext mir elec/fold/heat/dim/mem
    Interior trim colours S line/coloured stitching seat upholstery colour
    black-silver/black/black/black

For me if I was to rate them - Quattro, heated seats, 4 zone air con and Arm rest. Best of luck with your search.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123