Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

My 2006 C6 Allroad is approaching 200,000 miles and aside from the usual C6 issues (water in footwells, injectors, rear wiper motor, all resolved with assistance from this forum) has been and continues to be a great car and a nice place to be. I bought it at three years old, the original purchaser having ticked every option available (apart from TV).

I'm considering changing it for a C7, and again a well spec'd 3 year old car is what I'd go for.

So, the question is - what options are must have \ nice to have? (and conversely I suppose, any options to steer clear of?)

Any input gratefully received.

Russell

0 0 0

2. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    At 3 year old you are looking at a facelift which is a good start as the later ones had memory seats and folding mirrors as standard on the s line.
    Tech pack I would say is a must as the larger screen and colour dis makes the car look much more modern. If budget can be pushed the tech pack advance comes with the extra safety features like lane assist and the assisted cruise control.
    Lighting pack or ambient lighting is a nice option. Ambient includes light up door sills and led interior lights.
    Matrix led is one that folk rave about. I’ve got the standard led and I think it looks fine.
    Air suspension is one I wanted but it’s an expensive one.
    I had advance key in my old A6 and wasn’t that impress with a £1000+ option and the wavy foot boot release didn’t work that well but that could be my size 12s. Some folk love it but I don’t mind having to press a button on the remote.
    That’s all I can think of.

0 0 0

3. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    At 3 year old you are looking at a facelift which is a good start as the later ones had memory seats and folding mirrors as standard on the s line.
    Tech pack I would say is a must as the larger screen and colour dis makes the car look much more modern.
    Agreed, without tech pack it looks a bit low resolution on the screen, and driver's display is monochrome.
    Foldy mirrors are good, memory seats useful if you share the car with your other half and they are a different height to you.
    Heated seats a must in winter.
    I too have standard LED lights, I tried matrix on a demo car and they are great but even standard LED is much better than Xenon.
    I also have the parking pack but the camera is always covered in muck and I've never really used the automatic parking function.
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0

4. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I have tech pack and agree....when I've driven courtesy cars without it, it does feel dated even if the courtesy car is newer than mine.
    Heated seats....I don't have them...wish I did but may be standard on later models.
    LED lights....not convinced. I have BiXenons. Recently had 17 plate Q2 courtesy car with LED lights and felt they weren't as strong as my BiXenons. Not sure how much of a difference Matric LEDs make
    Memory seats....wish I had them. Had them years ago in my Z4. Dead handy when getting into the car after the wife and vice versa

I'm not up to speed on options available but the above is based on my own car and experience.
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

5. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Not a big deal, but I prefer the standard two zone climate panel, as I don't see any advantage of the digital version. Of course, if you have a four zone unit, than it's not a question to have the digital panel, but I never felt I need a better climate unit in my car. As I had a digital climate unit in my former C6, and have an analog in the C7, I can tell you, that I never ever changed anything on the automatic settings. The only thing I use on the unit is the seat heating, but probably it's an easier to select with the dedicated button.

Just another interesting thing. My former C6 had the cheaper fabric seat, the new has a leather one, but without the seat cooling feature. However, I have the double pane, noise reduction glasses, and I was wondered that even on the hottest sunny days I was able to sit into the leather seats immediately, as these were not too warm.

IMHO to have these glasses worth more then the seat cooling feature.

Some other things:

- the night vision is a cool gadget, but I found that it's mostly useless as it has no advantage in the fog, or rain,
    - the air suspension is a real good feature, sometimes it's also useful to raise the car for a safer parking on a kerb,
    - I don't liked the 18+ wheels, I appreciate the comfortable ride,
    - I never had earlier, but I really enjoy the motorised closing of the boot lid. It's so elegant, and comfortable.

And just one opinion: If you have the ability to choose the "highline" version of the comfort module, then you will have more availablet tricks with a VCDS.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Not going to list the extra's but look at my signature and pretty much all of them are "keepers".

The auto-parking thing I could live without, only used it a couple of times and it is impressive but I can honestly say that only once ( a few weeks ago) did it get me into a space that was really borderline and I might have not tried on my own (in a busy Stow on the Wold). Parking sensors all round really make it pretty easy to park.

Edit: Ohh yeah... sports seats or comfort seats. The standard fare are not great. If you can spring for an allroad sport (assuming you want another allroad) that would be a good package...
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

7. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I just sold my 2015 black edition avant and placed an order for a new A6 saloon, i would definitely go with the Matrix headlights, i could not go back to anything else, they are insanely good especially out in the sticks.

Tech pack a must have as well and def look for a facelift model

On my new car i went overboard really but hey im planning to keep this new car for at least 3/4 years.

Good luck, plenty of choice around so just find a car thats fully loaded and push for a discount and get any extras you can i.e free service or so

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I don’t think I could live without adaptive cruise now. Just driven from Wales to southern Spain with the Caravan and it’s fantastic for journeys like that. Comfort seats are just that, comfortable with loads of adjustment. Tech pack + is good and although I tend to take the pan roof for granted I’d miss it if I didn’t have it. Head up display I’d have every time. Lane assist I could do without. Adaptive lights are good but I still worry about dazzling people. Good luck finding a car that meets your needs. I was lucky. Very happy with my BiTdi even thought its pre facelift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive got a fairly standard Black Edition. Had one written off at four months old and specced exactly the same on the replacement with the exception of STronic which is fantastic. Only other extra is heated seats which i would say is a pass / fail when looking at second hand. Never had any others so don't miss em.
    2020 B9 A4 Avant Black Edition S Tronic
    2016 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition S Tronic | 2015 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition - S Tronic
    2012 B7 A4 Avant SLine |2008 B7 A4 Avant Sline | 2008 VW Golf PD150 GTI | 2007 VW Golf PD150 GTI
    2004 B6 A4 Avant Sport | 2000 A3 1.8T Sport | 1983 VW Golf GTX

0 0 0

10. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Surprised about the comment's on the Bose sound system. I have had HarmanKardman, Bower Wilkins and have found the Bose up there with them but you have to turn the volume up to appreciate the quality sound.
    Awaiting A6 Avant Quattro SE Executive 3.0 TDI 218ps.

Metallic Diamond beige, adaptive air suspension, Bose surround sound, LED matrix headlights, parking pack, technology pack, ambient lighting, heated folding mirrors, comfort seats, privacy glass and finally a swivelling ball!

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast