1. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I agree with others on Tech Pack and Adaptive Air Suspension (although it caused my only breakdown). LED headlights are amazing and the dipped beams is way better than my previous bi-xenons. I have matrix which are great but I’d say basic LED is must have with matrix a nice extra.

I have ambient lighting but I think the slightly lesser option pack (can’t remember the name) is fine as full ambient doesn’t do much more.

Electric tailgate and memory seats are standard on mine but very nice. Not convinced that the Bose sound system is value for money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I’m not sure about the Bose either but I haven’t heard the standard system. In my opinion Bose seldom meets its brand expectation. About 10 years ago I had an Edition 100 Skoda Superb 2.5 Tdi, a runout special before the L&K came in. The standard fit stereo in that was the best I’ve heard. Just amazing sound and way better than the Bose in my Audi. The seats and leather were fantastic too.

0 0 0

3. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanK View Post
    The standard fit stereo in that was the best I’ve heard.
    OFF: No offense, I'm just curious:

I wasn't able find the appropriate answer on the internet: The Harman audio version was an option or it was the standard on that limited Edition version? Just because even it was the standard or the advanced version, that car was surely designed for audio listening. If this correct, than it is not a surprise, that it was far superior then the standard or the BOSE versions of Audi
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

4. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    The only Must Haves for me would be the Tech Pack and Matrix LEDs. I have heated seats, park assist, HUD, memory seats and really could live without them. I like the Black Edition styling too, but the BOSE isn't great as already mentioned and not worth the extra dosh. I wonder if one could get a BE without Bose?
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

5. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Nothing to add to the suggestions that have been made but bear in mind the C8 is due out this year. Could be some big discounts on the outgoing model.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

6. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My previous C7 S-Line had the standard audio and when I heard the Bose in my Black Edition I wasn’t convinced it was much better.

I am not 100% convinced by my matrix lights which do seem good for not dazzling but they don’t provide the same range on main beam and have a patchy coverage on main. Dipped are amazing but that would be the same with conventional LEDs, but of course the real reason to get the matrix was for the sweeping front indicators

I also got the parking pack. I never use the auto-park and the camera is usually filthy all winter but good in summer.

0 0 0

7. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks all for the useful replies.

I'd prefer to go for an allroad again and it looks like Tech Pack is the absolute essential (anything less would be a step back from what I currently have in the C6), with several votes for the Matrix lights (and the sweeping indicators do appeal...).

On a slight tangent - has anybody driven the C7 allroad and the new Volvo V90 Cross Country and can compare? Having seen that and the new E-Class All Terrain I'm considering soldiering on with my C6 to see what the C8 brings (and I'd assume C7 values will dip once it becomes the 'old' model).

0 0 0

8. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Not a cross country but when my A6 was in for the air suspension breakdown I had a V90 D5 AWD hire car.

My views were that the 2.0l 4 cylinder Volvo was faster than my V6 Audi but much, much harsher. I liked the full digital dash but didn’t like the complex and non-intuitive MMI equivalent which was hard to use on the move. The seats were amazingly comfortable and reminded me of my old Saab which was the most comfortable car I’ve had.

I’d seriously consider one next time

0 0 0

9. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    The standard D4 is much smoother as it's less forced. Bearing in mind that all new gen cars will be sans buttons the V90 is pretty much on song with its sensual system. The cabins in the higher specs are stupidly good and all of them, even the momentum is loaded with all the tech most people would ever want. Sat navs not as nice (opinion).
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

10. Re: C7 Must have \ nice to have options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive got a fairly standard Black Edition. Had one written off at four months old and specced exactly the same on the replacement with the exception of STronic which is fantastic. Only other extra is heated seats which i would say is a pass / fail when looking at second hand. Never had any others so don't miss em.
    2020 B9 A4 Avant Black Edition S Tronic
    2016 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition S Tronic | 2015 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition - S Tronic
    2012 B7 A4 Avant SLine |2008 B7 A4 Avant Sline | 2008 VW Golf PD150 GTI | 2007 VW Golf PD150 GTI
    2004 B6 A4 Avant Sport | 2000 A3 1.8T Sport | 1983 VW Golf GTX

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast