Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

First time posting here so apologies if its not in the right place.

for the past 2 weeks I have searched high and low on google and here on how to get access to the alarm siren on the audi a4 B7 conv.

I came across a post for A4 B6 conv and there it states we gain access by the the hood compartment drivers side behind the trim

if so does that mean i have to raise the roof once the back flap comes up and see if i gain access through that way.

alarm.jpg

any help would be much appreciated and i have searched high and low for precise info and instructions but no joy hence my posting.

thanks in advance for any help given

0 0 0

2. Re: How exactly do we get to the alarm siren audi a4 B7 conv 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I managed to locate it wasnt that difficult. on the Uk spec cars once the roof is up its on the right hand side underneath the trim. however problem not solved. issue is when i arm the car the led flashes for a couple of secs then goes solid for a few secs after then carris on flashing as per normal.

reading about this they mentioned prob be the alarm siren however just swapped it and still same.
    Im stumped any clues?

0 0 0

3. Re: How exactly do we get to the alarm siren audi a4 B7 conv 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Thought I provide a quick update. the day i fitted the replacement siren I still had the same issue where when arming the alarm the led will blink a few times then go solid for a few secs then carry on blinking which indicates a fault somewhere.
    for some time now my cig lighter fuse keeps blowing due to the phone charger so as I was checking all the fuses I decided to replace it with a new one hoping this might have something to do it with.

But nope no joy alarm led still went slow after a few secs blinking and when i had all my windows open and waving my arms around in the car it wouldnt go off which led me to belive next step it may be the sensors - either the one under the back seat or under the centre console cubby next to the gear lever.

so anyway i disconnected every single fuse and pushed them back in and once done i i alarmed the car and as i do i watched to see how the led is blinking and i can see that it was working as normal. no solid led after the few blinks after arming,

not sure if resetting something when i pulled all the fuses out did something but since Friday its been working OK. i havent bothered using my phone charger in case it blows th efuse again and this may have something to do with it or mayne it may be alarm siren may have fixed it. havent got the foggest. I did however remove the cig fuse and alarm still worked.

i read the error codes as my car went to get new front discs and pads and under the alarm it came up with error back alarm or something like that. anyway cleared the alarm errors so that if it does mess up again I'll be able to get an accurate error code.

0 0 0

4. Re: How exactly do we get to the alarm siren audi a4 B7 conv 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh one last thing - i did lift up the back seat and wriggled around with the back sensor cable that plugs into it as I was trying to disconnect it but wasn't able to . maybe it was that . wont know unless it messes up again and i read the fault codes.

0 0 0