Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hi folks,

When I ordered my French Audi dealer supplied A4 Allroad the online adverts stated that trailer assist was part of the package if you ordered advanced parking and the towbar. I have since found out that this is not on my car. On the towbar there should be a small ring with spigots. With trailer assist it promises easy reversing. I saw this type of tow bar on a Q7 in their showroom.

Trailer Towing Assistant (TTA) – Westfalia-Automotive

It is mentioned in the A4 B9 user handbook on page 160.

Can anyone with a B9 A4 tell me if they ordered a factory towbar and advanced parking options and did you get the trailer assist?

I have been back to my dealer to complain that I was not happy that the option wasn't there. They state it was never available even if they mention it on the online configurator (French web site) and it is mentioned in the UK A4 handbook. I can't find the same details in the French handbook.

Thanks in advance for any replies on this subject.

0 0 0

2. Re: Trailer assist TTA on A4 model 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    The manual for 2017 Audi A4-S4 has the following on page 130. It implies that if the Towbar is 'deployed' (extended, electrics connected?) that Trialer mode is automatically engaged when reversing.

Trailer hitch
    Applies to: vehicles with a rear parking system/parking system
    plus/rearview camera/peripheral cameras and trailer hitch
    When the trailer socket is in use, the parking system rear sensors are not activated when you shift into reverse gear or when you press the p,,1, button. This results in the following restrict ions.
    Rear parking system: There is no distance warning.
    Parking system plus: There is no distance warning for the rear. The front sensors remain activated. The visual display switches to trailer mode .

I dont have parking system plus but do have a factory fitted tow bar. It is standard towbar with no fancy capabilities like those you have descibed. The manual doesn't suggest that either. What the manual does describe on Page 128 is assistance via the rear camera to reverse up to a trailer so that the towball and trailer hitch meet.
    A4 B9 (2018) S-Line Avant 2.0 TDi 190 S-Tronic, Quattro, Daytona Grey, Full Leather, Privacy Glass, MMI Plus, Extended Lighting Pack, Towbar

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-07-2021, 01:44 PM
  2. Lane Assist and Traffic Jam Assist on a 2018 Passat
    By Fschaeffer in forum Passat - B8 Forum - 2015 -
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-10-2017, 08:57 PM
  3. Lane Assist and Traffic Jam Assist on ACC equiped Passat
    By Fschaeffer in forum Vehicle Diagnostics Equipment- Except VCDS
    Last Post: 29-10-2017, 07:15 PM
  4. Model years, changes on each model year - and when was trailer prep standard
    By Karl in forum Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 01:31 PM
  5. Trailer Turn Signals Not Working - but Trailer not Connected
    By tidybutt in forum Towbars, Towing, Roof Boxes & Bike Racks
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 09:24 PM