1. Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I have no idea when it comes to batteries. However, pretty sure its time to replace mine. I heard that Varta batteries are a good shout so i looked it up and their site said i need the E39 which is a 096. I found a distributor (who also said i needed the E39), drove all the way there only to be told that it would not work and that I needed a much larger battery. If i look on ECP they also suggest similar spec 096 batteries.

My car is a 2011 A4 Quattro Dynamik 2.0 tfsi. Attached is a picture of the current battery... i just want to know which battery i need to buy!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The battery in yours 4F0 915 105 E is in UK terms an 019 AGM and the AGM bit is important on a stop/start car. I have just bought an 019 AGM Yuasa from TPS for a project car where the battery is relocated under the back seat and I need some serious power plus infrequent use reliability, which an AGM provides.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The battery in yours 4F0 915 105 E is in UK terms an 019 AGM and the AGM bit is important on a stop/start car. I have just bought an 019 AGM Yuasa from TPS for a project car where the battery is relocated under the back seat and I need some serious power plus infrequent use reliability, which an AGM provides.
    Thanks, just wondering why whenever anyone does a registration search it comes up with the Varta E39 (also AGM but 096) or similar ~70ah batteries.

How much did you pay for your new battery? I was quoted around £260

0 0 0

4. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Reg checkers are notoriously unreliable, we use the cars VIN and the so called FI Suggestion provided by ETKA and that STILL gets things wrong, it gave us the wrong part numbers for some Octavia rear brakes today. PM me your reg and I will see what ETKA says for your car.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Reg checkers are notoriously unreliable, we use the cars VIN and the so called FI Suggestion provided by ETKA and that STILL gets things wrong, it gave us the wrong part numbers for some Octavia rear brakes today. PM me your reg and I will see what ETKA says for your car.
    Ah ok, that makes sense but still annoying.

Would this be a suitable replacement?

Silver Dynamic AGM 595 901 085
    Model:595 901 085
    Capacity:95 Ah
    CCA:850 A
    Width:175 mm
    Length:353 mm
    Height:190 mm
    Short Code:G14
    UK Code: 019AGM

I can't PM you as i am a newbie and this is my first post! I usually just lurk but my car is really struggling to start in this cold weather.

0 1 0

6. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I tried printing the Tec Doc Varta info but I couldn't. Their part number is 595901085D852

Using your VIN, the current () replacement number from Audi is 000 915 105 CE which is described as a 92Ah/520a and genuine this is £108.79+ VAT. That new genuine number also cross references to a Varta 595901085D852

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I tried printing the Tec Doc Varta info but I couldn't. Their part number is 595901085D852

Using your VIN, the current () replacement number from Audi is 000 915 105 CE which is described as a 92Ah/520a and genuine this is £108.79+ VAT. That new genuine number also cross references to a Varta 595901085D852
    Legend i hope this thread can help other people with the same problem

Cheers!

0 0 0

8. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Ordered the Varta but it wasn't cheap. For the OE, Audi wanted £280 + £130 for coding. Compared to that, Varta dealer wasn't bad.

Andy

0 1 0

9. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I was quoted something like £280 just for the genuine battery from Audi, in the end i went with this one from Tanya,

020 Bosch S5015 12V 110Ah Car Battery fits many Audi BMW Land Range Rover Porsch | eBay

Its slightly larger but fits fine, its also not an AGM however i use my car every day so not any real issue, i also don't really use the stop/start.

I done the coding myself by just changing the last digit of the BEM code that was stored for the old battery. The extra CCA are appreciated in the cold, starts no problem now.

0 0 0

10. Re: Battery Type - 096 or 019? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonysco View Post

I done the coding myself by just changing the last digit of the BEM code that was stored for the old battery. The extra CCA are appreciated in the cold, starts no problem now.
    Does changing the BEM just 1 digit work? The dealer was unable to code mine so the car doesnt know it has a new battery yet.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast