Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Oil pressure warning light. Not sure what to do..

1. Oil pressure warning light. Not sure what to do.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello folks. I own an a4 2.0 tfsi quattro, with a BWE engine.
    About 6 months ago I was driving home from a trip to the coast when the i got the oil pressure warning light. I couldn't pull over immediately as I was on a busy road and had the whole family in the car about a mile down the road just as i reached a lay by I lost all power and just managed to pull the car in. I had to have the car recovered and put on my drive where it has sat up until now untouched. (long story)
    Today I got someone around to plug a machine in to it and see what codes it threw up. before deciding what to do with it next.
    Here are the codes.

P2261 - P3087 - P2181 - P0011 - P1602.

From looking online most of those are possibly to do with it being stood for so long. I've read its a fault with the balance shaft pin and normally once the oil pressure light comes on and you continue driving the engine is goosed. So I thought I'd just turn the key to see what happens. It fired up, sounded very tappy on the top end, but it has been stood for a long time. I turned it back off straight away, but it fired up. Really not sure what to do next, I've lost a fortune on this car if it's knackered, i'd only just had the clutch and fly wheel done about a couple of weeks before it happened plus other things. Thinking of sending it off to audi but would like to know if there's any other things I could check myself before throwing any more cash into it

Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil pressure warning light. Not sure what to do.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil pressure warning light. Not sure what to do.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    P0011 is due to no oil pressure and others suggest the turbo has been damaged which is normal in this situation. It would be worth putting in a genuine exchange engine (£6K plus VAT plus labour) and recon turbo as petrol engines EU4> cars will be very popular soon. Failure of the pump drive is not common on the BWE, what is common is a sludged up sump due to the stupid Audi oil chnage intervals.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Oil pressure warning light. Not sure what to do.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    P0011 is due to no oil pressure and others suggest the turbo has been damaged which is normal in this situation. It would be worth putting in a genuine exchange engine (£6K plus VAT plus labour) and recon turbo as petrol engines EU4> cars will be very popular soon. Failure of the pump drive is not common on the BWE, what is common is a sludged up sump due to the stupid Audi oil chnage intervals.
    Thanks for the reply. Have you quoted that from somewhere?

0 0 0

5. Re: Oil pressure warning light. Not sure what to do.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz1977 View Post

I'm pretty sure Crasher just knows this stuff - he's an expert. Look up C&R Enterprises online and you'll see what I mean...

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 1 0

6. Re: Oil pressure warning light. Not sure what to do.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz1977 View Post
    No, it came out of my head.... including spelling change incorrectly.....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0