1. A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Car is a6 c6 2.0tdi le mans avant Dec 2009.
    I have a leaking "screen washer bottle" but it only seems to leak about 1 litre of fluid at a time after filling up but does so even when the car is stood on the drive. I have deduced that wherever the leak is it is gravity fed and having removed the wheel arch shroud and found no leaks on the bottom tank or pumps etc I think it is the seal between the top and bottom parts of the system. If this was the case it would explain the leak being limited to about 1 litre (to just below where the pipe from top tank goes into bottom tank) and it occuring when on the drive. I cannot see any water under the car so have no idea where it is running to. My question is - can the grommet and seal where the two join be replaced by just removing the top tank assembly, or is it needed to remove the bottom tank to fit/renew the grommet? Also is any sealant to be used when fitting the grommet to the bottom tank? Any advice appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Check the headlight washer hoses and the joints.

The grommet is just a push in job this would be very obvious when filling if it’s leaking.

You have 2 pumps on the bottle and a level sensor.

I would bet on one of the pumps having a split hose connection or split pump.

if the pumps gone get an aftermarket one as the OEM one is silly money.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I've just noticed a similar leak on my C6 Allroad - so I'll be watching this thread with great interest. Nothing helpful to add at this point, sorry.
    (And hoping it's nothing like the dreaded N/S footwell flooding that made such a mess in my previous C5 Allroad.) Cheers.
    Geoffrey
    Edinburgh, UK

Audi A6 Allroad 2010 - 3.0 tdi, etc.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Dan. Thank you for the reply. I have checked all the lower part of the system (pumps and tank behind the wheel arch etc) and everything is bone dry. I was thinking that the seal between the white main lower tank and the black upper tank was leaking just slightly. It always loses around 1 litre per 3-4 days. As the black tube bit of the filler tank fits horizontally into the lower tank (seen diagram on another forum) I would guess that the amount of fluid I am using would bring the level down to there. Not had chance (weather rubbish) to loosen the upper tank (one nut) yet to see what access to the top of the lower tank is like from above.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Arrrggghhh nooo Geoffrey I know all about the dreaded footwell leak having had it on my previous Audi C5 It was the pollen filter housing seal.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Any chance its the headlamp pop up washer units? Although they seem to drain the whole tank on my car. I've gone through two units and have it blocked off at the moment.
    2015 A6 C7 2.0 Tdi S-Tronic

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    The filler neck is a real pain to refit if it’s holed.

It it a good possibility, you have to remove an electrical box in the plenum chamber to do the get it in properly.

When I changed by front bumper to an S line on I installed the headlight washers which included the washer bottle.

The neck did did get a small hole in it whilst I was trying to refit it so I change it also.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    <<Arrrggghhh nooo Geoffrey I know all about the dreaded footwell leak having had it on my previous Audi C5 It was the pollen filter housing seal.>>

Aye. That was the main culprit on more than one occasion. But at one point earlier the washer fluid line to the back blew a joint. Lucky not to lose the electronics unit beneath the passenger seat, really. But I digress.
    Geoffrey
    Edinburgh, UK

Audi A6 Allroad 2010 - 3.0 tdi, etc.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Unlikely necstandards because they seem fine and I only lose about 1 litre then it stops. But thanks for the suggestion.

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C6 Screenwash leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan2485 View Post
    The filler neck is a real pain to refit if it’s holed.

It it a good possibility, you have to remove an electrical box in the plenum chamber to do the get it in properly.

When I changed by front bumper to an S line on I installed the headlight washers which included the washer bottle.

The neck did did get a small hole in it whilst I was trying to refit it so I change it also.
    Thanks Dan 2485. All the "evidence" seems to be pointing that way. Will try to see what I am faced with tomorrow.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast