Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi
    My beloved polo has thrown up the VAG COM 01221 - Crash Sensor Side Airbag: Driver Side (G179) 29-00 - Short to Ground.
    Internet investigation leads me to believe there is perhaps a break in the wiring between the switch under the seat and the crash sensor.
    I removed the plug under the seat and soldered the wires and I am still getting the error. I removed the solder so wires are not connected and got the same error so I started to search for the sensor in the drivers door. Pulled all the trim off but I cannot see the sensor?
    looking at this link Removing and installing side airbag crash sensor on driver sideG179 (4-door models)

I have had the car 10 years and it has been the best car i have ever bought. I have done all the work myself on it. My wife keeps trying to get me to sell it but she keeps on going! The car did have some serious water leaks due to sunroof drain issues that I have rectified but it is still damp so I don't think this has helped. When the ignition is on the radio sometimes comes on and side lights so it needs to dry out a bit more.
    Any ideas on location of sensor and what to try next?

Thanks again!

0 0 0

2. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I have had a poke about and cant see the sensor?. I had a peek behind the panel and cant see it! .
    I think on earlier models it was under the seat but mine is an 02 9n model so should be in door somewhere right?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Probably have to take the window regulator completely out to find it. Some work from noise frequencies and the other type are pressure sensors.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPPERJACK76 View Post
    Probably have to take the window regulator completely out to find it. Some work from noise frequencies and the other type are pressure sensors.

I can not see where the wiring is for the plug though. I cant see a wire going behind the regulator to anything?

0 0 0

5. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Under the seat i have wires where the plug was removed. One half of the plug wires fo into the floor pan somewhere, i presumed into the door but im not sure?
    The other half of the plug goes up into the seat is this where the side air bag is?
    Could it be somewhere else? If i have to remove the regulator i will but i cant see any electrical connections behind door panel?

0 0 0

6. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robert1z View Post
    Under the seat i have wires where the plug was removed. One half of the plug wires fo into the floor pan somewhere, i presumed into the door but im not sure?
    The other half of the plug goes up into the seat is this where the side air bag is?
    Could it be somewhere else? If i have to remove the regulator i will but i cant see any electrical connections behind door panel?

Removing and installing side airbag crash sensor on driver sideG179 (2-door models)

0 0 0

7. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi.
    Thanks.
    Yeah i have read that. Mine is a 5 door model not that i imagine it will be any different? I cant see that module in the door. Ill pull the regulator off just to make sure .

0 0 0

8. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    If its not in the door maybe its behind the b pillar trim between seat belt and floor.

1 0 0

9. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    If its not in the door maybe its behind the b pillar trim between seat belt and floor.

Yeah i pulled the top trim off where seat belt goes and could not see it but did not move the bottom trim.

0 0 0

10. Re: Vw polo 1.4 tdi 9n Crash Sensor Side Airbag Driver Side location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robert1z View Post
    Yeah i pulled the top trim off where seat belt goes and could not see it but did not move the bottom trim.

Well i thought i may have found it but when i disconnected plug and ran vag com i got seat belt tensioner igniter n153 resistance too high. So maybe not. Is it likely it could be round this area? In the picture is that just the igniter?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast