Hi all, great website, cured many gremlins with the help of you guys but this one has me stumped.
I have a 2007 Alhambra 2.0tdi Stylance and the remote fob stopped working at the same time the window and speaker went intermittent, and the alarm / locking system developed a fault. I had the door loom out and meticulously tested and repaired the wiring at the gaiter which has cured the electric windows and door speaker, but what is still happening is when I unlock the door using the key all the doors unlock but the door LED keeps flashing steadily. I open the door and the alarm goes off unless I get the key in the ignition and turn it on quickly, and it won't let me re-sync the remote in the usual manner, it just doesn't respond to the key turn sequence. I've had the lock out and tested the microswitch and that seems OK unless I'm missing something, so before I start tearing anything else apart I thought I'd ask around. I know the Shalaxy's are rife with electrical gremlins but has anyone had this specific set of symptoms? Could it be the microswitch? I am at your mercy!