1. Audi pre-sense nonsense 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    So the Audi pre-sense warning went off again today, jesus it made me jump, this must be the 5th or 6th time it's gone off now since I had the car.

It's obviously calculating the distance to the car in front, my current speed and level of braking etc., in every occasion I have been in total control, but it goes off sometimes even if there is a parked car in the road - it's become a bit annoying as it feels like it's nagging me or saying I'm a **** driver or something.

Does it actually work in an emergency situation? For instance, it goes bong and a warning comes up but I've never felt it apply the brakes, and good job too else I could have someone hit me from behind.

Is there some way I can turn this **** off and stop it nagging me, maybe there's a menu option somewhere?

0 0 0

2. Audi pre-sense nonsense 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    There are different levels of aggressiveness of the system you can configure in the settings I believe e.g. early, late, off etc. I’ve had it go off a few times, particularly on a bit of road near me with partial parallel cars parked to the left as you pass down the middle of the road with a slight bend. And yes it does apply the brakes after a slight pause.
    No system is perfect it’s a trade off of net benefit to you or not. Suggest you switch it off if you don’t like it. Personally (in a different car) that system saved me from a definite crash once so a false alarm is OK in my book.

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

3. Audi pre-sense nonsense 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I’ve had it twice where it has brought the car to a grinding halt and boy does that **** you up!

One of those times I was less than 3mph (at a guess) slowing down at traffic lights and then slammed to halt - hazards came one and I’m pretty sure engine start stop kicked in and seat belts tightened. No reason for it at all that I could tell and I was in perfect control.

Second time it actually stopped me from rear ending the van in front...he slammed to halt (traffic conditions so around 10-15mph) and pre sense kicked in and did it’s job well.

But as you’re finding it’s not fool proof and I’ve had some hairy moments with it where it pinged on and decreased car speed...thankfully the M40 either side of me was clear when this happened.

In the MMI I’m not sure if there is an ‘off’ setting but there is an ‘early/medium/late’ if I remember correctly.

Personally have left it on and am used to it coming on even when I’m in control.

Got to remember it’ll pick up pedestrians, trees, parked cars etc if it thinks it’s in your pathway and you’re heading towards it a little quicker than it wants you too.

Saying that watch the presense video for the new A8....phenomenal

PS: if you really want to brown stain your pants...wait till the exit warning presense kick in when reversing

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi pre-sense nonsense 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Found the settings in the MMI, looks like there is an "off" setting (I wonder if it does truly turn it off, or just disables the warnings). It was set to medium so have set it to late, will see if that makes any difference.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi pre-sense nonsense 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post

PS: if you really want to brown stain your pants...wait till the exit warning presense kick in when reversing
    Lol, you aint kidding!

You can turn Pre-Sense off in the Driver Assist Menu.. I have mine on "late"
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0