1. Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I did do a search and found some older topics, but thought I'll bring up the question again. We just picked up a Q2 over the weekend and I noticed that the satnav has a small picture on the top left that shows the lane you need to be in when coming up to an intersection. I've always been surprised that my 2016 A6 (MY2017) does not give any indication of lanes and I can't see any options within the MMI menu. Does anyone know if there is a way to show this on the A6?

0 0 0

2. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    My facelift gives you lane information at some junctions. I have the HDD sat nav system.

0 0 0

3. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jake25 View Post
    I've always been surprised that my 2016 A6 (MY2017) does not give any indication of lanes and I can't see any options within the MMI menu. Does anyone know if there is a way to show this on the A6?
    I'm not familiar how this looks like on the Q2, but on the A6 non fl you have to enable this option in the MAP setup menu. (Show intersections?)
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

4. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I do have the tech pack in the A6, so the HDD navigation. The only show intersections I see is under what should be displayed on the map and that is on, but it does not tell you that you have to be in the two left lanes out of 4 lanes like the Q2. I'll take a picture of what is displayed on the Q2 at some point to compare with what people see on the A6.

0 0 0

5. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    I do have the tech pack in the A6, so the HDD navigation. The only show intersections I see is under what should be displayed on the map and that is on, but it does not tell you that you have to be in the two left lanes out of 4 lanes like the Q2. I'll take a picture of what is displayed on the Q2 at some point to compare with what people see on the A6.
    I don't have the HDD system but I am certain that like on the RMC system there will be an option in the Settings menu under Navigation there will be an option for "additional information" with 3 options "Route" (this lists the upcoming instructions from the bottom upwards), "Intersection" (this shows detailed junction information including lanes) and "Complete" which shows both

0 0 0

6. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    It will only show on some intersections, not all. Needs to be enabled in the MMi system too.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

7. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I think the lane info comes up on the dis.
    Will check next time I’m out.

0 0 0

8. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi Have a felling it only shows on the dash screen not the retractable one and believe it needs to be enabled on the MMI for the dash screen. Something like zoom at intersections also the audio instructions given are something like " Keep to the Right ahead".
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

9. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    Hi Have a felling it only shows on the dash screen not the retractable one and believe it needs to be enabled on the MMI for the dash screen. Something like zoom at intersections also the audio instructions given are something like " Keep to the Right ahead".
    I also think this must be the case, I never use the satnav display on the DIS or have any voice commands on. I've been through all the menu options several times and there is absolutely nothing that looks like it will display it on the screen.

The way the Q2 does it is really neat, I'll still take a picture of it, I just don't go out in it very often.

0 0 0

10. Re: Satnav lane indication 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I also think this must be the case, I never use the satnav display on the DIS or have any voice commands on. I've been through all the menu options several times and there is absolutely nothing that looks like it will display it on the screen.
    Try to change the "street view" to "arrow view" in the DIS or the MMI menu. Is this what you looking for?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast