Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Door lock actuators gone. OK to drop in a different variant?

1. Door lock actuators gone. OK to drop in a different variant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Both door lock modules have now stopped working in my 2008 Le Mans A6. Central locking will lock but not unlock the front doors, so I need to open via a window or rear door.

According to online EPC the parts for my car are

Driver 4F2 837 016B
    Pass 4F2 037 015

I've been offered a set of modules from a 2009 A6 with slightly different PNs

Driver 4F2 837 016E
    Pass 4F2 037 015D

Does anyone know if these will go in OK?

0 0 0

2. Re: Door lock actuators gone. OK to drop in a different variant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    if memory serves me right the letter on the end of the part number is a revision so it would fit and be a better build.
    thats from memory wait for conformation.
    have you run it on an on line parts catalogue? to see?
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

0 0 0

3. Re: Door lock actuators gone. OK to drop in a different variant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have a similar issue but just the drivers door just now, it will lock on the fob button but not unlock - it will unlock if you use the key in the door though! Would be good if you can update how this goes!
    Audi A6 2008 Saloon Sline 2.0 Tdi BRE
    Vw Passat B7 1.6 tdi 2012 estate

Previously - 2008 1.6 tdi Mini, 2006 Mazda Mx5 1.8, 2002 Vw Golf 1.9 tdi SE, 2010 Bmw 318d Msport, 1992 Porsche 944 2.5 turbo, 1986 Porsche 944 2.5 NA, 1984 Porsche 944 2.5 NA

0 0 0

4. Re: Door lock actuators gone. OK to drop in a different variant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strath44 View Post
    I have a similar issue but just the drivers door just now, it will lock on the fob button but not unlock - it will unlock if you use the key in the door though! Would be good if you can update how this goes!
    If you have error in memory 02115, remove lock, take it to the bits, clean motors and contacts and enjoy result!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

5. Re: Door lock actuators gone. OK to drop in a different variant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The online EPC suggests that the newer variants were fitted from 2009 onwards, but that doesn't tell me if they would actually fit my older model or not.

0 0 0

6. Re: Door lock actuators gone. OK to drop in a different variant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strath44 View Post
    My issue is different - lock is OK, but will not unlock either by central locking OR key. The only way to open the door is to use the handle inside the car, which is somewhat awkward!

0 0 0

7. Re: Door lock actuators gone. OK to drop in a different variant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    The locks have 2 microswitches in them to determine the condition state that they are in. One or both are failling hence why the lock work irractically.

They are potted so there not worth the the effort to fix.

Just replace the the lock as you have to take it out anyway.

I did post up picures of the lock internals some years ago.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0