Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi!

Recently bought an audi a6 3.0tdi 218ps allroad 2015 facelift (i'm in love with the car), but one thing thats bugging me is that i dont have navigation and can't connect to apple carplay.
    I have now for days searching the webb triying to find a solution for either the navi or the carplay, but with no results.

Now I have find a thread in here where people with the rmc_eu version have the navi in their cars, so i was wondering if its possible for me to install it or what?

this is the thread i was reading:
    RMC Versions

Anoyone who can help me out plzzz ???

Sorry 4 my bad english I live in Sweden

0 0 0

2. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    All U.K. spec came with navigation as far as I know.
    Maybe it’s just a case of getting the sdcard from a dealer as I assume all the hardware is there

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. As mentioned by. A6S , UK cars have either SD card based or HDD based Nav with first 3 years update free ( license). As you are being asked to install Nav I would suspect that if SD based the card is missing or if HDD based then it has been deleated in some way. SD slots are in the same location as the SIM card slot, above the climate control panel. Not sure how many years updates you get free in the EU if it is still in that period you can download the full maps from Audi connect, if you have access. I would ask the person / garage you punched it from if they can resolve as it should be there and working unless you were advised otherwise when you purchased the car. Hope you don't get lost !!! Good luck hope this may help.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

4. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Unless it is just a UK marketing decision, you will need the MMI High version (rather than RMC) if you want to have Apple CarPlay installed. You can install AMI if you want to connect an iPhone for just music

0 0 0

5. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    You will need to contact your local Audi Dealer in Sweden, they can enable navigation, but there will be a charge as you will pay for the activation & the latest maps. Don't bother buying maps off ebay they will not work, and only audi dealers can activate/enable navigation. There are not hacks available

No chance of getting Carplay to work on RMC systems regardless of firmware.

0 0 0

6. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replays guys.

I have seen that people with the same software and hardware as mine has the navigation icon on the screen, but i don't even have that.
    Its kind of strange, bacaus I have the navigation button on the MMI console and on the steering wheel.
    My car has the 2 sd cars slots but no sim card slot.
    I did contact audi in sweden and they told me my car doesn't have the navigation hardware installed, but then i called an old friend who works at VW dealer, he spoke to a programmer there and he said that i need to go to audi and they will activate it for me it will cost 400€ with maps on the sd card.

an it be that my car dont have the navigation hardware installed?

0 0 0

7. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    I think you need to contact the dealer that original supplied the car and find out if it was supplied with or without Nav. I do find it strange that it would not have Nav as standard for a car of its class. Many cheaper less well speficationed manufacturers have Nav as standard in there cars. Also strange there is no Sim slot again I would expect this to be a standard item for a car of this class no matter it's target country.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

8. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    I think you need to contact the dealer that original supplied the car and find out if it was supplied with or without Nav. I do find it strange that it would not have Nav as standard for a car of its class. Many cheaper less well speficationed manufacturers have Nav as standard in there cars. Also strange there is no Sim slot again I would expect this to be a standard item for a car of this class no matter it's target country.
    The RMC system does not have Audi Connect and therefore does not have a SIM card slot, to get that you need to buy MMI High (bundled as the Technology Pack in the UK). Key question for the OP is whether they have the GPS aerial on the roof and also whether the MMI in-dash module (where the 2 SD Card slots are) includes the navigation hardware. If the answer to both is yes then it is probably a simple process of getting it activated (in the way Audi sells the lower spec versions of the A1 and A3 in the UK, albeit with a differnet navigation system). If the answer is no then there is a signifcant investment required. That said, I think most of those with the RMC system would agree that either a standalone navigations system or one using a smartphone are way better (and much closer to that offered with the MMI High system) negated the need to upgrade at all. All you really miss out on is the indash display integration

0 0 0

9. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erkoo84 View Post
    Thanks for the replays guys.

I have seen that people with the same software and hardware as mine has the navigation icon on the screen, but i don't even have that.
    Its kind of strange, bacaus I have the navigation button on the MMI console and on the steering wheel.
    My car has the 2 sd cars slots but no sim card slot.
    I did contact audi in sweden and they told me my car doesn't have the navigation hardware installed, but then i called an old friend who works at VW dealer, he spoke to a programmer there and he said that i need to go to audi and they will activate it for me it will cost 400€ with maps on the sd card.

an it be that my car dont have the navigation hardware installed?
    If you press the NAV button on the console, does it come up with an error, insert Navigation Card message?

0 0 0

10. Re: MMI RMC_EU_P4321 install navigation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    no it says no navigation found. I've been talking to audi today and they told me that the car does not have navigation in my mmi. there is nothing that i can do.
    i can buy a new mmi hardware and a gps antenna and that will cost to much. its not worth it.
    it bothers me that a car that cost over 60.000€ brand new does not have navigation prepared.
    found a company in china called UniChip that offers apple car play for 500€.
    Easy to install and works with the mmi console and the steering wheel.

I sent them a message to se if it works with my car.

Thanks to all for the replyes

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast