Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Hi guys
    Anyone here managed to get their watch connected to the Bluetooth on the A6? Tried everything and it just won’t connect.
    I have the series 3 with cellular and the whole point in the watch is that it can work independently from the phone. Like when I leave my phone in the house while out.
    It only occurred to me today. I left the phone in the house and got a call. It came up on the watch but driving and talking to the watch just wasn’t happening and Its not loud enough in a moving car.
    Any suggestions?

Cheers
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 0 0

2. Re: Apple Watch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Any suggestions?
    I'm not familiar with your watch, but it sounds to me, that you didn't connected it to the MMI.

As an independent mobile device, it should be added to the Bluetooth menu first. I think, you tried this, but there was no success, so probably you didn't turned on the watch's "bluetooth visibility option" - in this case the MMI will not realise the watch during the new bluetooth device scanning process.

Please don't forget, the watch has a different bluetooth ID as a device, and have a different IMEI code as a mobile phone, so the bluetooth MMI connection can not be shared between these two devices, but these devices will act as independent mobile phones if you want to use these separately.

While your iPhone is in your car, the situation is very simple, your iPhone connects to the MMI, and the iPhone will manage all the services, including the watch's features, therefore you don't need any additional steps to use your watch to pick up a call, or dial a connection. In this case your watch will act like a bluetooth headset. Therefore you don't need any additional steps to use your watch's features in your car, if your phone is by you.

The above situation is all the same even if you have a shared mobile service between your watch and your mobile phone.

So, in short and in your case, I could suggest to check the visibility option on your watch, and after you will enable it, then try again to add it to the bluetooth menu. You check it while your iPhone is with you, but during this searching, you should power off the phone, or disable the bluetooth option on it.

I hope this helps
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Apple Watch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I tried connecting the watch to the car. It gets to the point where you validate the code/pin and at that point it always fails.
    Tried everything. Strange thing is the watch connects to my Bluetooth headphones and speakers but just refuses to connect to the car. Surely the mmi is no different to a speaker or headphones.
    Tried trawling through the Apple forums and some had success and some like me get stuck in at the pin stage.

0 0 0

4. Re: Apple Watch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I tried connecting the watch to the car. It gets to the point where you validate the code/pin and at that point it always fails.
    I had some similar issues earlier. My phone was not able to connect, as they didn't accepted the code. It was a long time ago, but if I remember well, then there were three things I tried:- set the visibility on on both devices during the searching,- made a factory reset for the bluetooth module (this will erese all active connection)- tried to connect from the opposite device, so I didn't started the searching from the MMI, but from the mobile, or vica versa.

0 0 0

5. Re: Apple Watch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    I had some similar issues earlier. My phone was not able to connect, as they didn't accepted the code. It was a long time ago, but if I remember well, then there were three things I tried:- set the visibility on on both devices during the searching,- made a factory reset for the bluetooth module (this will erese all active connection)- tried to connect from the opposite device, so I didn't started the searching from the MMI, but from the mobile, or vica versa.
    Tried all that. Think the watch by design doesn’t connect to car Bluetooth. It somehow knows. Tried it in my sisters old fiesta and it connects, maybe the mmi is too new and smart.
    Speakers, headphones all work fine.

0 0 0

6. Re: Apple Watch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Tried all that. Think the watch by design doesn’t connect to car Bluetooth. It somehow knows. Tried it in my sisters old fiesta and it connects, maybe the mmi is too new and smart.
    Speakers, headphones all work fine.
    Sorry to hear that... probalby you need to install a new fiesta modul into your MMI

0 0 0

7. Re: Apple Watch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I think, I found the answer:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8150243

If it's a correct answer, then you were right, the MMI is too smart, and the Apple watch declines to connect to this system. As it's an Apple product, it may even be called as a feature, and not a bug. The interesting part is, that if this answer is correct, than this could be the perfect answer for your other questions.

Probably who have the basic MMI, or the non SIM related versions, then the MMI acts as a basic bluetooth speaker, and therefore the Apple watch could connect to that system.

And if we are right about the above things, than there is no wonder, that the Fieasta's bluetooth connection worked, as that one is for sure a very simple bluetooth speaker, and nothing else.

0 0 0

8. Re: Apple Watch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    What a bugger if a feature. My sis fiesta is about quite old and the factory Sony stereo only has Bluetooth for phone no music.
    Read somewhere it’s something to do with Bluetooth 4.0 where the device sends/receives more information like device type, battery level, etc so if mmi is telling the watch it’s a car device then the watch refuses to connect. This would explain older or more primitive Bluetooth it works.
    Apple being an **** again locking out stuff it feels we shouldn’t have.
    Maybe some dicking about in the engineering menu or vcds to downgrade the mmi Bluetooth might work😄

0 0 0

9. Re: Apple Watch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Read somewhere it’s something to do with Bluetooth 4.0 where the device sends/receives more information like device type, battery level, etc so if mmi is telling the watch it’s a car device then the watch refuses to connect.
    Yes, I thought aboult the last part. Probably the other watches/devices are simply rejects this command, but Apple Watch will obey.

Apple being an **** again locking out stuff it feels we shouldn’t have.
    I think, it's not an Apple issue but a bluetooth mismatch. For example I still own and use an old B&O Serene, which worked perfectly on my former C6, but now the C7 reads only the first 50 phone numbers from the SIM card. No error message, no failure, simply a BT version mismatch. It seems to me, that the high quality manufacturers takes care for the standards, and these can cause mismatches, while the others doesn't care about the rules, and therefore their devices works.

Maybe some dicking about in the engineering menu or vcds to downgrade the mmi Bluetooth might work
    It's possible that an early BT SW version could work for you, but I think, the changes were made between the C6-C7

0 0 0