Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelights View Post
    Where to start, I've driven the car for a few weeks now so got a good feeling for the handling and performance, the 2.0 TFSI is fast, very quick to get moving and gear switching is rapid, keep in mind I'm comparing this car to my 2015 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI. The difference in performance is night and day. (I'm sure the S6 would make this car look like a mouse) but still it's enough for city driving.

I chose the lower suspension for the sportier ride and its very firm.

MPG is a mixed bad and I don't expect accurate results until I've driven the car in more, but for my short, start stop journeys I'm getting about 14/15 MPG, and on a motorway journey around 25/6 MPG but I still feel there is more room for improvement.

Since I'm the techie type I had to get the tech park, TV tuner and some other bits, TV funnily enough I use it all the time.

Overall I'm very happy with the car and the performance, if anyone is thinking of buying an A6, I'd deffo advise test driving the 2.0 TFSI before making a decision.

I plan to drive it for 2 years or so and then look at the new A6.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for writing this!

I was keen to hear your initial impressions (and further on down the life) on this engine as this is not an engine one hear much about. Although my dealer did say that "it's quick". No wonder with 250+ bhp under the bonnet!

For city driving, my daughters A3 1.4 with 150bhp is more than enough. In fact, it will happily do 140 mph without any problems at all!

I would expect the mpg to improve a lot....my S6 does 40+ on the long run and well, lets not talk about the short runs...lol. My avg is 28mpg currently with approx 20K mls on the clock. Most of my journeys are motorways, once a month Cologne-Colchester-Cologne at sensible speed

Did you try feeding yours with the higher octane fuel, ie Shell V-Power? Normally you would probably see an MPG improvement, but saying that, every engine is different. My S6 only gets this (or the eqv from Aral/BP/Esso).
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

2. Re: New Audi A6 saloon 2.0 Tfsi on order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    Thanks for writing this!

I was keen to hear your initial impressions (and further on down the life) on this engine as this is not an engine one hear much about. Although my dealer did say that "it's quick". No wonder with 250+ bhp under the bonnet!

For city driving, my daughters A3 1.4 with 150bhp is more than enough. In fact, it will happily do 140 mph without any problems at all!

I would expect the mpg to improve a lot....my S6 does 40+ on the long run and well, lets not talk about the short runs...lol. My avg is 28mpg currently with approx 20K mls on the clock. Most of my journeys are motorways, once a month Cologne-Colchester-Cologne at sensible speed

Did you try feeding yours with the higher octane fuel, ie Shell V-Power? Normally you would probably see an MPG improvement, but saying that, every engine is different. My S6 only gets this (or the eqv from Aral/BP/Esso).
    So the first 2 tanks of fuel I put in was just the normal unleaded, however yesterday i filled up with V Power super unleaded and I'm looking forward to seeing if there is an improvement! I'm sure there will be.

I forgot to mention, in sport mode there is to me a big difference in performance, my last 2.0 TDI, I didn't really feel too much difference at all.

And I would love an S6 , who knows maybe next time.

0 0 0

3. Re: New Audi A6 saloon 2.0 Tfsi on order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelights View Post
    So the first 2 tanks of fuel I put in was just the normal unleaded, however yesterday i filled up with V Power super unleaded and I'm looking forward to seeing if there is an improvement! I'm sure there will be.

I forgot to mention, in sport mode there is to me a big difference in performance, my last 2.0 TDI, I didn't really feel too much difference at all.

And I would love an S6 , who knows maybe next time.

You will have to update us on the result of using V Power. As long as you are not too heavy footed, I am sure it will great!

Sport mode +S6 = manic!

I am looking forward seeing how the new V6 will be. Here in Germany, in the new A6 they already offer the new V6 (55) with 340bhp which does the all-so-(not)-important 0-62 in 5.1s for the saloon! If the new S6 will have same power as the current V8 at 450bhp, I would expect it to be quicker than todays 4.4s as the new one is lighter, more effecient etc.

In my case, roll on 2020 (when lease is up)!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

4. Re: New Audi A6 saloon 2.0 Tfsi on order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post

Sport mode +S6 = manic!

I am looking forward seeing how the new V6 will be. Here in Germany, in the new A6 they already offer the new V6 (55) with 340bhp which does the all-so-(not)-important 0-62 in 5.1s for the saloon! If the new S6 will have same power as the current V8 at 450bhp, I would expect it to be quicker than todays 4.4s as the new one is lighter, more effecient etc.
    There’s no replacement for displacement 😆

0 1 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12