Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Bought a 2010 reg Le Mans with 35k on the clock just before Christmas. It’s in fantastic condition, no scratches, all alloys are unmarked. It’s got all the bells and whistles and I still look forward to getting home and driving it!!

I do however want to ask any owners of similar models a few questions regarding some the down sides that are irking me......:

1: Fuel consumption! The reason for buying the car was to get something bigger, not to
    save on fuel. We still have our A4 2.0tfsi Quattro and loved the car and performance, however it is simply too small for us now. The 3.0tdi seemed a good compromise on performance, space and efficiency. I’m not too concerned by MPG but didn’t want.....or probably wouldn’t have been allowed an S6!! So the diesel was really the only option, however I am surprised to only be getting roughly 20mpg around town. Is there something wrong here, I’ve read reports of people getting around 30mpg around town, how is this possible!?

Like I said, I wasn't expecting amazing MPG and didn’t buy the car for its fuel efficiency as I fully understand that it’s not a town car, but I’m surprised this is so low. I will be taking it
    for regular motorway journeys to clear the DPF.

2: The stereo. We have Bose in the A4 and it is absolutely amazing compared to the system in the A6 which is quite frankly.......awful!!! I know people have varying opinions on the Bose system but it is truly a league above what is in the new car. There is a setting for the “sub” but this has very little effect. Is there anything else I can adjust, where is the amp etc for the standard stereo in an A6?

3: My last issue is with the remote central
    locking range. I have posted regarding this previously and I think I have discovered that the incredibly poor range for the central locking is due to the window tints on the car. These are a shade or too darker than I would have had them but hey ho, I liked the car and it came with them. Have any other owners suffered a dramatic drop in range after having their windows tinted and is there any remedy for this other than removing the tints? Holding the remote to my head makes zero difference BTW.......

Apart from that I am incredibly pleased with the car, I was worried I’d find it boring after the 2.0tfsi, it’s certainly faster but less frantic which I’m actually quite enjoying!!

Thanks for any pointers!!

Mike.

0 0 0

2. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    lowest i ever got from my 3.0 quattro was 19mpg but that was towing, managed 22mpg once in bumper to bumper commute but generally averaged 33.

what condition are getting you 20 mpg?
    Landrover Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
    A6 (C6)Quattro 3.0 tdi Avant Fully loaded Le Mans. Sold
    A6 (C5)Quattro 2.5 tdi(AKE) PP683's & Celtic Remap Sold

0 0 0

3. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Just normal town driving to and from
    Tesco’s etc, 30 mile an hour speed limits and not tonking it......I have only put V power diesel in it too, not sure if that would make any real world difference though, but I like to think so....!!

When I do occasionally “enjoy” myself I have got as low as 12mpg........which made me think perhaps the S6 would have been more economical!!!!!

The car does have a full Audi service history so can only presume it’s been well cared for......

cheers

Mike.

0 0 0

4. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Just a thought, am I using the trip computer correctly......it is the but at the end of the wiper stalk and the reset button beneath it?

0 0 0

5. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Uea over 30 in the 1 hour long rush hour comute have a bose system crystal clear full base full volume, wife has a factory fit branded one in her landrover cant mind which pure pants compared to mine. Did you try the key fobecwith the windows down to confirm tint idea?

0 0 0

6. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    doesn’t sound good to me then if you’re getting 30mpg in a rush hour commute. I’ll check tyre pressures etc but can’t imagine it will add another 10mpg even if they are all off.

The Bose is probably the only thing I’m missing from the old car, I know some people don’t like it but I think it sounds great and makes the standard system
    sound awful, even my wife says she’s missing it!!!!

Yes, confirmed it is the tints, remote locking is far better with the windows down sadly!!!!

0 0 0

7. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2.0TQ View Post
    Just a thought, am I using the trip computer correctly......it is the but at the end of the wiper stalk and the reset button beneath it?
    Yes thats it.

Sounds low to me, the 2010 240bhp engine was more economical than my 233bhp. Also it was my early 225bhp that did the 22mpg in the commute.
    Landrover Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
    A6 (C6)Quattro 3.0 tdi Avant Fully loaded Le Mans. Sold
    A6 (C5)Quattro 2.5 tdi(AKE) PP683's & Celtic Remap Sold

0 0 0

8. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Sounds about right 25mpg around town 40 on motorway, these are heavy cars and economy will be terrible in town. Usually those saying they get 35mpg around town etc, usually don’t live in built up areas and thier town is like our dual carriageway trips. I live in Birmingham I do up to 300-400 miles weekly and have been keeping an eye on fuel economy over a lot of miles using Brim to Brim method of actual distance and fuel used. My 2.7 fwd gets 26 mpg town 42mpg motorway, I always notice a slight improvement in mpg after I change the fuel filter.

0 0 0

9. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Lisburn to belfast 16 miles 60 minutes...

0 0 0

10. Re: A Few Q’s On My New 3.0tdi Le Mans (Avant) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Air filter trunking mesh filter well worth a check.
    Always blocking up on the A4 I think the A6 has one to?

Just nipped out to check the wifes car (3.0 quattro 2011) showing 32.5mpg and average 35mph, I dont drive it so couldnt remember how to pull up the correct info?
    Her commute is 15 miles and a mix of 30 and 70 limits roughly 50/50.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast