Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darich View Post
    Perhaps unfortunately, I don't have finance. Trade in vehicle plus debit card but the money was still borrowed. I don't have the finance company angle for a fight - just me (and the wife)
    Wind the wife up and send her in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 2 0

2. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Most dealerships are owned by a group so you could take your servicing elsewhere in their group.
    Most the central Scotland Audi dealers are owned by lookers for example.

I've read that Perth and Carlisle are both good so I think in future, purchases would be made through one of those two.....I'm almost exactly the same distance from both.
    Last edited by darich; 15-01-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

3. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Used Perth for servicing/warranty work before. They are a good bunch as far as dealers go.

0 1 0

4. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Wind the wife up and send her in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    😄😄👍🏼👍🏼

0 0 0

5. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    My experience on a used car is, it pretty well impossible.

My son bought a 10 plate A3 S line from our local franchised dealer. It was an approved Audi used car, so we thought it would be nearly perfect. I know no car is perfect. He'd only had the car a week when the coolant light came on, so thinking the coolant had probably settled after the service they said they had given it, I topped it up. A week went by, light on again. Sent it back to Audi to sort. Over the next 3 months they had it back 6 times and had it a total of 10 weeks in the 3 months. They tried everything but couldn't find the issue, so we rejected the car. Or should I say, tried to. They kept offering repairs, but we had had enough. Getting nowhere, I escalated to General Sales Manager (useless) then dealer principal (also useless). In between time, we contacted the previous owner via Facebook, who told us he had the same problem and had put the car into auction declaring the problem with it, because his local dealer didn't know how to fix it.

After they had had the car with keys, log book etc back for 2 weeks with no resolution, and them refusing to take it back, we found a replacement car within a different dealer network, so told them that we were going to start legal proceedings and contact Trading Standards. They finally agreed to sort it and purchased the car we wanted and gave us a cost to change. The replacement car was a 12 plate, so more expensive. Glad it was over with, they delivered the new car and all sorted.

Afterwards we found out they negotiated a discount on the new car, gave him PX value on the 'rejected' car, settled the finance and took out new on the replacement. In total the whole experience cost £2000. They also received commission on the finance deals.

Since then the new car had been great, apart from the fact that they didn't service it when they said they had (part of the assured Audi thing) and the last service had been done by an independent (declared as Audi service history) and 3 months after he got it, the cambelt was due for change due to age.

Annoying thing was I had 2 new cars on order when all this was going on. Needless to say after being a loyal customer for 17 years, I am not anymore.
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 1 0

6. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by istate75 View Post
    My experience on a used car is, it pretty well impossible.

My son bought a 10 plate A3 S line from our local franchised dealer. It was an approved Audi used car, so we thought it would be nearly perfect. I know no car is perfect. He'd only had the car a week when the coolant light came on, so thinking the coolant had probably settled after the service they said they had given it, I topped it up. A week went by, light on again. Sent it back to Audi to sort. Over the next 3 months they had it back 6 times and had it a total of 10 weeks in the 3 months. They tried everything but couldn't find the issue, so we rejected the car. Or should I say, tried to. They kept offering repairs, but we had had enough. Getting nowhere, I escalated to General Sales Manager (useless) then dealer principal (also useless). In between time, we contacted the previous owner via Facebook, who told us he had the same problem and had put the car into auction declaring the problem with it, because his local dealer didn't know how to fix it.

After they had had the car with keys, log book etc back for 2 weeks with no resolution, and them refusing to take it back, we found a replacement car within a different dealer network, so told them that we were going to start legal proceedings and contact Trading Standards. They finally agreed to sort it and purchased the car we wanted and gave us a cost to change. The replacement car was a 12 plate, so more expensive. Glad it was over with, they delivered the new car and all sorted.

Afterwards we found out they negotiated a discount on the new car, gave him PX value on the 'rejected' car, settled the finance and took out new on the replacement. In total the whole experience cost £2000. They also received commission on the finance deals.

Since then the new car had been great, apart from the fact that they didn't service it when they said they had (part of the assured Audi thing) and the last service had been done by an independent (declared as Audi service history) and 3 months after he got it, the cambelt was due for change due to age.

Annoying thing was I had 2 new cars on order when all this was going on. Needless to say after being a loyal customer for 17 years, I am not anymore.
    Cheers mate.
    I think rejection of the car would come with its own problems. Lots of time and hassle for me.
    Trying to even talk to someone is near impossible......the salesman and manager are never available and don't return calls.

I've spoken to trading standards and might quote consumer rights act to the dealer. I'm currently writing an email to audi complaints.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by darich; 15-01-2018 at 10:57 AM.

0 0 0

7. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Ok........so the dealer will be paying the remaining £300 meaning it's no charge to me.

But I've already sent an email to Audi UK Customer services to officially complain, and I inlcuded Andrew Doyle in it for good measure.
    I've questioned how a car can pass the "meticulous 145 point check" with torn wipers and a faulty headlamp. And how it can have an MOT in such a condition.

Took the opportunity to tell the salesman that his dealership had made a complete pigs ear of the whole thing. If they'd fixed the issues properly in the first place by replacing faulty components, instead of temporary repairs, I'd have gone away happy and probasbly returned when it was time to change. I also told him it was the absolute minimum he should be doing is paying the £300. I gave him every opportunity to make me an additional offer to try and tempt me back when the time is right. He didn't. He either figured it was a waste of time, or he wasn't authorised to do so. He was full of apologies....again.

Hoping to get my car back on Tuesday.

Thanks for the input lads
    Last edited by darich; 15-01-2018 at 10:56 AM.

0 0 0

8. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I successfully rejected a used car once ( getting a full refund and also got to keep the car).

It depends how you paid for it but this is what I did.

I bought a little runabout for £3500 from a dealer and after less than a week it simply wouldn't start. Turns out after getting an inspection done it had numerous safety and mechanical concerns and the dealership said the issues occurred due to my driving style and I am basically to blame. I contacted my back ( yorkshire bank) and said how I wished to do a charge back and dispute a transaction . I sent them the mechanics report stating of multiple issues and also a phone call recording of the owner saying he wouldn't help me and it's my problem.

After a few weeks I got an email stating the bank had reversed the transaction but the merchant ( dealership) had 28 days to dispute it / come back to them etc etc and I never heard anything back! Kept the money in my account for 3 months just incase and was prepared to return the car once the dealership contacted me but they never did.

I would say firstly get an inspection done from click mechanic. Com ( them come to you house). Record your calls ( look for an app in the play store) and call your bank to dispute the transaction.. Reason is goods not fit for purpose.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

9. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I'm trying to look at my situation objectively and here's my position.

Every issue I listed was reported to the dealer within around 2 weeks. Some were fixed properly, others with a termporary repair. The problem is then more about how the dealer resolves it rather than the car being a big headache and constantly needing things done or repaired. I know the bottom line is still that I have problems but they're all known issues.
    I know that rejecting the car may be within my legal right but that causes me more trouble with more time/arguing/stress etc and as I said - there isn't a constant stream of breaking parts - it's more about poor customer service. An inspection by a mechanic would find nothing more than what I've already reported. And I'm not sure I could get the car fixed then reject it......might need to reject it whilst broken.

In the end up, the dealer has agreed to pay the difference and the headlamp replacement will cost me nothing (except inconvenience).

Hopefully I have no further issues (I don't expect to) and the matter is concluded. But I've learned never to use them again...I even gave the salesman opportunities in our conversation to offer me a couple of extras to sway me back....but he didn't. Maybe he doesn't want me back there!!!

Cheers
    Last edited by darich; 15-01-2018 at 10:59 AM.

0 0 0

10. Re: Rejecting a used car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I believe that you needn't to worry. There are different buyers and each has its own motives. If he would like to finance the vehicle's car, then this is all for you. The easiest option to go through checking your car is the year of production of the car; the presence of a car’s credit history and other charges, all this can be done quickly and online with the help of VIN decoder at the VIN Decoder | Decode any VIN Number for Free Buyer can easily take these figures on issuing a loan agreement with you in any bank where there is a bilateral agreement with all the “but” and insurances and an indication is a bank transfer or check. You can claim for the loan \ financing 10% above the price.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast