1. Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

2. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Well it's only a proposal at the moment, and suspect it will be as easy to switch off as stop/start is. Otherwise let's all move to Germany...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I'm guessing the datalogger will record the precise time/location where any infringement occurs and if/when the system is switched off.

What do you imagine your insurance company will do if you're involved in a collision and it can be shown that the system was either telling you that you're over the speed limit or it had been switched off? And how would you expect the Police/Courts to react if you were involved in a serious (fatal) collision and what would your defense be?

Just wondering aloud!

Andy.

0 0 0

4. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I'm afraid it's all inevitable. Trucks were fitted with tachographs decades ago, and speed limiters about 20 years ago. I said back the, eventually it'll happen to cars, and here we are now - Data loggers and advanced speed limiters.
    I'm so glad I started driving in the mid 80's, which was the glory days of motoring - The cars were starting to get reliable and less rusty, and there were plenty of affordable fun cars to be had. No speed cameras, no congestion charges, no zero emission zones, no stupid speed limits imposed as knee jerk reactions to an event.....
    Last edited by bluezie; 07-03-2019 at 06:17 PM.

0 1 0

5. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluezie View Post
    ............................I'm so glad I started driving in the mid 80's, which was the glory days of motoring - The cars were starting to get reliable and less rusty, and there were plenty of affordable fun cars to be had. No speed cameras, no congestion charges, no zero emission zones, so stupid speed limits imposed as knee jerk reactions to an event.....
    It was even better in the late 50's/early 60's. No speed limits outside towns, and no radars anyway in the late 60's/early 70's.

I managed to reach an indicated speed of 75 mph in my 1932 MG Magna - just before the rear main bearing melted
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

6. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    If/when this comes in, maybe in 3 years or so, I wonder how many with 3 year PCP deals will feel?

What to do? Keep the car and carry on driving as usual or swap it over for a new enhanced gizmo one?

And, dare I say it, I wonder how many company car drivers, who might, sometimes, stretch the speed limits a bit, will be happy to have a new car with data logging?

And what might that do for new car sales?

We'll be living in interesting times.

Andy.

0 0 0

7. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    THere is of course another way, which is to not vote for this. Accept lane discipline and derestrict certain areas. If we can show that we can drive fast without hurting another, then it can be won.

0 0 0

8. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Remapping people will have a crack for this available within about 2 days of it being launched, there is no such thing as totally impregnable software.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    We'll be out of the EC by that time (maybe).
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

10. Re: Oh joy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Yes but who is to say we won't come up with some left wing bonkers laws of our own?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast