1. Car rejected! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Just before Xmas I bought my wife an ex demo Touareg with only 3k on the clock. We'd been looking for around 4 months, not overly hard, but having a new baby wanted something to house all the stuff a baby needs while being comfy and safe for both my wife and boy.

Anyway, a number of issues happened, some I won't go into but the ones that concerned me most were the brakes. The squeaked badly so got a mechanic at work to take a look. They said it sounded like it hadn't been used for a while so to just use it and it will be fine - it wasn't. Took it to the local VW dealer and they put some shims in which still didn't cure it so booked it in to replace both front callipers.

They replaced them and called to say the car was ready for collection. The wife drove it home and followed me all the way. she said a number of times the ACC had activated the collision prevention, and made emergency stops. I got in the car, the brakes were spongy, i could get my foot all the way to the floor and the reason the ACC was kicking in was obvious - they hadn't bled the brakes!!!! OMG! a Main VW cant bleed a set of brakes. WOW!

Lets say I wasn't impressed - it was the last straw and decided my wife and boy weren't going in that car again and i was going to reject it. Rang Customer services, they said call VW finance, called them - said I don't have a finance agreement!! After kicking off and finally getting to speak to a manager, they told me my wife was down on the docs (not sure how as she wasn't there and signed nothing). Anyway, she rang up and was told she wasn't on the agreement but I was! Anyway, got to the bottom of it and told if i wanted to reject the car, I had to do it with the dealership.

So, rang the dealership - was in a really good mood by now! - and very quickly got through to the highest ranking manager on site. Explained the situation and got an appointment within 24 hours to discuss the issues. Went down today and they took the spec Id be willing to take. They found ONE in stock matching the minimum id take, a bit newer, higher milage, few extra options. Its coming down next week for me to inspect but hopefully this is the end to it. So fingers crossed ill finally be in a safe, working touareg.

To be fair to the dealers, they have tried hard to accommodate me with the issues ive had (not all listed above) but fingers crossed in 10 days ill have a safe car for my boy.
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

2. Re: Car rejected! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Just before Xmas I bought my wife an ex demo Touareg with only 3k on the clock. We'd been looking for around 4 months, not overly hard, but having a new baby wanted something to house all the stuff a baby needs while being comfy and safe for both my wife and boy.

Anyway, a number of issues happened, some I won't go into but the ones that concerned me most were the brakes. The squeaked badly so got a mechanic at work to take a look. They said it sounded like it hadn't been used for a while so to just use it and it will be fine - it wasn't. Took it to the local VW dealer and they put some shims in which still didn't cure it so booked it in to replace both front callipers.

They replaced them and called to say the car was ready for collection. The wife drove it home and followed me all the way. she said a number of times the ACC had activated the collision prevention, and made emergency stops. I got in the car, the brakes were spongy, i could get my foot all the way to the floor and the reason the ACC was kicking in was obvious - they hadn't bled the brakes!!!! OMG! a Main VW cant bleed a set of brakes. WOW!

Lets say I wasn't impressed - it was the last straw and decided my wife and boy weren't going in that car again and i was going to reject it. Rang Customer services, they said call VW finance, called them - said I don't have a finance agreement!! After kicking off and finally getting to speak to a manager, they told me my wife was down on the docs (not sure how as she wasn't there and signed nothing). Anyway, she rang up and was told she wasn't on the agreement but I was! Anyway, got to the bottom of it and told if i wanted to reject the car, I had to do it with the dealership.

So, rang the dealership - was in a really good mood by now! - and very quickly got through to the highest ranking manager on site. Explained the situation and got an appointment within 24 hours to discuss the issues. Went down today and they took the spec Id be willing to take. They found ONE in stock matching the minimum id take, a bit newer, higher milage, few extra options. Its coming down next week for me to inspect but hopefully this is the end to it. So fingers crossed ill finally be in a safe, working touareg.

To be fair to the dealers, they have tried hard to accommodate me with the issues ive had (not all listed above) but fingers crossed in 10 days ill have a safe car for my boy.
    Good luck with the exchange. Sounds like the dealership have been fairly accommodating.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Car rejected! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Yeah they have been pretty good to be fair.

Had a call off the local dealers where the car currently is saying they have looked at the brakes and they think that changing the calipers made the brakes feel like they were always meant to!

The poor lady that fed me that line got an ear full!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: Car rejected! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    M1tchy good luck with the replacement. I read your other post about the Sim/Bluetooth conflict. I can't believe this is irreparable on this car. Will the newer replacement be the same or is this sorted on newer models?
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

5. Re: Car rejected! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Yeah I can’t believe it’s not been sorted especially as it’s the same issue Audi had and under the skin they are all the same as it’s VAG! Oh well, they said it hasn’t been sorted on the Touareg, but has won some of the newer models so wasn’t fussed about having it again as it’s not really usable if she wants hands free phone which she does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0