Just driven home in dense fog and noticed a few things about the Matrix headlights:

They are ever so slightly adaptive - something barely noticeable normally. I could see the high beam moving when turning the steering wheel. Shame they don't turn into the corners better.

They were constantly adapting the beam pattern due to the fog. High beam went on and then dropped intensity and height. Faster I went the more the beam lifted in height and brightness. That was pretty cool.

Didn't react as well to incoming traffic in the fog and didn't always cut them out in time or at all.

I've heard people saying they are linked to the GPS. There was absolutely no evidence of this. Only changes were speed dependent (turning on all weather LED section) or steering input.

I still feel overall they're not adaptive enough compared to previous cars which has always been a let down for me as corners are darker than I want them to be, but tonight they've clawed back a small victory by finding that perfect balance between the dipped and high beam to get me home through the dense fog.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk