Hi

I hope this is in the right section - apologies if not. I have a 3.0TDI Audi A6 estate late 2005. In general it works wonderfully but I've had a problem with starting it over the last few months. It's very sluggish to start. It turns over a few times and then usually starts, sometimes doesn't. I don't know cars but have done a little research and it seems the battery, fuel pump, spark plugs and starter engine are the main suspects. The problem is it has no other symptoms - no loss of power, no grinding noise on starting, no misfiring etc. I don't think it's the battery as the battery check shows 100% and if anything it starts worse after it's been running. The only insight I can give is, as per a suggestion I read, when it doesn't start, I simply turn it off, turn it to the "on" position without starting it, turn it off, repeat and then do start it and it always works. It's not temperature related and as I said, it's more likely to have trouble starting if I've just run the car rather than from cold.

Can anyone perhaps point me in the right direction before I head to a garage? I don't have a garage I know/trust and am a little worried they'll just start replacing things one by one until they find the right part.

Any thoughts/help/ideas much appreciated.

Thanks
NB