Last week 11 Audi's were stolen from my small village. Mine was attempted but the young scum were chased off by a neighbour.

Having watched the CCTV from a number of village residents, it would seem that all they do is smash a window, connect OBD11 or similar then code in a spare key that they bring along with them and presumably reuse over and over.

The first one they did in the village took them 7 minutes but now they have got it down to just under 3.

The alarm goes off when they smash the window but appears to stop within seconds of connecting up the OBD dongle. You then see a lot of indicators flashing on the Q7 as they pair up the spare key then drive off in the vehicle.

We are on the flight path and so most of the village has triple glazing, consequently nobody heard the alarm go off.

My question is whether there is a way for me to prevent this at all, activating a code before anyone can access the OBD for instance? Maybe an easy lead I could remove that immobilises the vehicle (we used to remove the distributor cable in the old days). It seems like just a matter of time before mine goes as well as there really isn't anything to stop them.

The Police advised a steering lock, but ironically one of the vehicles had one and they just got a power tool out and removed it.

Seems we have a crime wave coming.....