Notices

User Tag List

Thread: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely any prevention steps you take could result in them coming to take the keys or anything else they need to take the car just like you would?
    My S3 was stolen by them breaking into the house, whilst it was empty in the afternoon, to get the keys. But whilst talking to a locksmith he said that most car makers can now reduce the number of keys that can be coded through the OBD to 2. So thieves can’t enable an extra key to steal the vehicle. So that would be my first plan of action, plus a house security review.
    Then consider either a visual deterrent like a disklok , or a monitored car alarm with tracking and remote immobilisation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 1 0

2. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Not a nice situation. Scum the lot of them.

I would rather the car go than have someone break in for the keys but it does make you think. I think anything that makes it not worth their while is enough time move them on to the next one. Of course a fairly new Q7 will be worth a lot of trouble to them. I'd say a sticker saying obd disabled might not be the worst thing to do.

Good luck finding a solution.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I just don't see thieves that are stealing cars through the OBD port becoming the standing over you in bed with a knife type thieves.

They have a nice non confrontational way of stealing cars, almost as many as they like, with reduced risk, and presumably reduced prison sentence against house invasion if caught. I suspect they'll just move onto the next if they can't get one specific car, not break in to the house.

I might buy a lock and put a sticker on.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

4. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    On most other models the OBD port it clicked in, get a socket and remote the panel (prob 2x 8mm bolts, remove and unclip the port and tuck it out of the way then reassemble). Also you should be able to link the car to a Your Audi website and then via an an (MMI Connect on iPhone) check its location in real time. HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is any good but there seem to be steps to combat this

not that you should have to shell out to protect your car it should be down to the car manufactures

Audi Q7 obd Portector Advanced OBD Port Protection Anti Theft Security System – VW Parts International

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

6. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxw View Post
    Not sure if this is any good but there seem to be steps to combat this

not that you should have to shell out to protect your car it should be down to the car manufactures

Audi Q7 obd Portector Advanced OBD Port Protection Anti Theft Security System – VW Parts International

M
    Nice, but that starts to get into the kind of money for a tracker with engine immobilisation via fobs anyway, so you get that and much more functionality for similar $...

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

7. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I've moved my odb port. It's pretty easy to do. That would be best bet in my view for least cost. Appreciate doesn't stop window being broken!

Andy

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    A good dog is worth its weight in gold. You don't even need a 'big' dog. One that alerts you to unusual activity/noises etc, and has a loud bark, and at least sounds 'aggressive'.

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

9. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Does anyone know Audi’s position on the Autowatch Ghost? With regards to warranty or pcp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: How to stop my Q7 from being robbed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy-999 View Post
    A good dog is worth its weight in gold. You don't even need a 'big' dog. One that alerts you to unusual activity/noises etc, and has a loud bark, and at least sounds 'aggressive'.
    As long as you don’t leave them in the Q7 for too long I suppose that works :-)

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast