1. Vw Golf Mk7 2.0 tdi bluemotion 150 ps 2013/2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got nothing but problems with this car,had the car from jul this year and the mechanic was so busy with this one,started with timing kit,aux belt and tensioner,injectors glow plugs and the latest one crank sensor...drove the car on long journey 3000 miles and after 2 weeks drove it in the town stoped it and after that when i try to start the car it didnt start,tire pressure autohold steering wheel glow plugs check engine light on the cluster just like that...the car didnt start,called the AA the guy checkd the fuses and relays and had a full diag on the car,try to erase them but no luck...the car was at vw dealer to check it but without any luck...my mechanic manage to find the problem it was the crank sensor...ive buy the part from the dealer 64£ replace the old one and guess what? The car didnt start...ive removed all fuses and relays and put them back in the right order,did try to disconect the ecu but no luck (metal housing around it) removed the battery for 2 hours,put them back after that and the car did start this time but after a couple pf miles died again and all the errors back again,manage to start it again and all the errors gone,replaced the battery with a new one but now i get low mpg like 30-35 mpg and when the car is idling it drops down realy realy fast...any help would be great and one more thing,before this happend with a full tank i had like 650 miles range but now with over half a tank just like 260-270 the video its the latest and you can see how it drops down at idle

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Vw Golf Mk7 2.0 tdi bluemotion 150 ps 2013/2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhu883r View Post
    I've got nothing but problems with this car,had the car from jul this year and the mechanic was so busy with this one,started with timing kit,aux belt and tensioner,injectors glow plugs and the latest one crank sensor...drove the car on long journey 3000 miles and after 2 weeks drove it in the town stoped it and after that when i try to start the car it didnt start,tire pressure autohold steering wheel glow plugs check engine light on the cluster just like that...the car didnt start,called the AA the guy checkd the fuses and relays and had a full diag on the car,try to erase them but no luck...the car was at vw dealer to check it but without any luck...my mechanic manage to find the problem it was the crank sensor...ive buy the part from the dealer 64£ replace the old one and guess what? The car didnt start...ive removed all fuses and relays and put them back in the right order,did try to disconect the ecu but no luck (metal housing around it) removed the battery for 2 hours,put them back after that and the car did start this time but after a couple pf miles died again and all the errors back again,manage to start it again and all the errors gone,replaced the battery with a new one but now i get low mpg like 30-35 mpg and when the car is idling it drops down realy realy fast...any help would be great and one more thing,before this happend with a full tank i had like 650 miles range but now with over half a tank just like 260-270 the video its the latest and you can see how it drops down at idle

This is the like for the video sorry VW Golf Mk7 2.0tdi 150ps - YouTube

0 0 0

3. Re: Vw Golf Mk7 2.0 tdi bluemotion 150 ps 2013/2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    This looks as if the engine is doing a normal DPF forced regeneration. The normal idling revs are 800rpm , when regeneration is in progress it idles faster at 1000rpm. During regeneration the ECU deliberately wastes fuel to heat up the exhaust gas to burn off carbon in the DPF. This results in a temporary period of high fuel consumption. You may also notice the cooling fan continues to run after the ignition is turned off to cool down the hot DPF. There is a full description of DPF regeneration in the sticky post at the top of this thread.

1 1 0

4. Re: Vw Golf Mk7 2.0 tdi bluemotion 150 ps 2013/2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb View Post
    This looks as if the engine is doing a normal DPF forced regeneration. The normal idling revs are 800rpm , when regeneration is in progress it idles faster at 1000rpm. During regeneration the ECU deliberately wastes fuel to heat up the exhaust gas to burn off carbon in the DPF. This results in a temporary period of high fuel consumption. You may also notice the cooling fan continues to run after the ignition is turned off to cool down the hot DPF. There is a full description of DPF regeneration in the sticky post at the top of this thread.
    Thanks bdb but the revs are higher because i've put the fan on nr 2,yesterday i drove for about 40 min in 4th gear at 80 mph on m42 to force a regen and the mpg did go up to 45-46 mpg but this morning when i start the car everything in back ,low mpg, it happends everytime i drive or start the car,thank you for your reply once again

0 0 0

5. Re: Vw Golf Mk7 2.0 tdi bluemotion 150 ps 2013/2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    You need to make sure when its regenerating. Use some diagnostic device to look destance ir time since last regen to make sure its not trying to regen after each startup
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 1 0