Hi Folks

I'm in desperate need for some expert help - can anyone!

In short, in March 2017 I purchased a 1litre (petrol) Audi A1 with Hill Start Assist. From the start, when driving in stop/start traffic uphill, the car soon fills with a stinking burning smell, not just a "clutch" type smell, but really rubbery and vile. This is despite the fact I'm using the HSA and driving it normally / not sitting on the clutch.

After experiencing this intermittently 4-6 times (due to the traffic conditions) over 8-9 months, I sent the car to Audi. They've shown that the clutch has "blue-ing" due to overheating, and concluded that this must be to driver miss-use .

HERE'S WHERE I NEED HELP!

I know that I've not miss-used the car. But it's my word against theirs. I've read that Audi A1s have a clutch issue, although not sure if that affects dual-mass clutches only, as (Audi tell me that) my clutch is not dual mass.

A friend of mine who is a 20 experienced mechanic says that other things, eg the HSA could cause it. Audi say they have "checked everything" including the HSA, and nothing else is wrong. However, I know something must be wrong, as I've definitely not miss-used the car/clutch and the fault has happened since new.

Can anyone offer any insight from past knowledge at all?

Thanks in advance :-)