1. 1.4 Hybrid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Is that true, only 25 miles on a full charge ?
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.4 Hybrid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Presume you mean the passat GTE plug in hybrid. I've had mine for almost 12 months now.
    Battery is about 10kwH, so it's assuming 3.2miles per Kwh when it tells me the "range"on electric is 32 miles. I've hardly ever achieved this, except by luck & driving ultra frugally like I could do as a game in my Prius.

The electric range seems to be better on a warm day than a cold one, and it goes down faster if you :
    -accelerate more (typically about 2.2miles/ kWH if you drive to enjoy the performance)
    -have the heating or cooling on (also down to about 2.something, or 1.7ish if you do heating and accelerating in the cold ..)
    -use it to boost the petrol engine for a bit of GTE
    -drive faster than town speeds (70mph will give you about 10 miles)

So i have a regular trip "across town" which google reckons is a 9 miles return trip (including some uphill bits each end so probably more like 12 miles-ish on the flat), and which i sometimes have to extend to avoid traffic jams.
    Some days I can do this twice on a full charge ( warm day, careful acceleration) , which does equate to about 24 miles on the flat per charge overall.
    Other days,(cold, heating on,in a hurry) it only has about "4miles" left after doing it once. So it's just about getting 15 miles; half what it claims to be able to do.

All of the above is driving in auto (ie D1 to D5) and letting the car change gear .

However lately i've been trying out using the "manual " option in the gearbox, and it seems to be much better - uses much less power when you accelerate , seems to regenerate better . Earlier this week I got 3.2mi/KwH without trying (although it was warm) .

I need to try this out for longer and see if it's a consistent improvement. Maybe the auto box is meant only for petrol power? (I thought full electric cars don't actually have gears?)

Driving on electric in manual mode is a strange thing: It seems to accelerate even better (because it doesn't pause to change up a gear), prompts you to change up on the dashboard screen but still works fine anyway if you don't, (it'll happily say you're in 2nd but need to be in 5th...) and changes down automatically when you slow down. It does still sometimes make its own decisions and overrule me ..

Driving in manual with the petrol engine is really difficult,since I haven't driven a full manual car for 9 years.

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.4 Hybrid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Thank you for the extensive review.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0