Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair.

1. A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    The A6 Avant lost its brakes....it seems the front right flexi hose has split with a catastrophic and rapid fail where the rubber covered ends are..no warning, Can see split by peeling up the rubber outer cover at the calliper end. No gradual fluid loss just went bang and fluid..pressure lost,,fluid right out in reservior needing full bleed after repair.

I personally think the hose is too tight on full lock...aggravating the fail.

To bleeding after I repair...........I see tales of needing computer/VAG com etc to bleed the ABS module, is this essential. Our previous old A3 said the same but it vacuum bled fine and I also drove it, locked up wheels/ABs a few times on a slippy surface and rebled to hlep clear any air remaining in the pump/valves etc.

Does anybody have experience of successful bleed on A6 C6 without using a computer?

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    No, you need to bleed brakes with vagcom and manually. You will need a vacuum bleeder too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    ok thanks, stuffed then! I hate modern cars!! I have read a pressure bleeder will do it without VAGCOM or computer operated bleeding of the pump?

0 0 0

4. A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    There is a way to bleed the brakes with a pressure bleeder and without vagcom but you need to get the pressure bleeder and to ask someone that knows how to do it. I personally don’t know how to. What I know is that you need to put the car on an elevator and open all the bleeders on each wheel, connect the hoses to them and purge the bleeding system with the pump bleeder. You will need to bleed the pump itself in the first place.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    I use a Sealey VS820 bleeder, it’s a great tool.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

6. A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    So explain us how you use it. Do you need vagcom or you manually prress the pedal with your foot?

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan2485 View Post
    I use a Sealey VS820 bleeder, it’s a great tool.
    ah thanks, and a pressure bleeder will do the abs pump bleed too?
    I have a pneumatic vacuum bleeder runs on my compressor...very good tool on older cars.
    I also have an old pressure bleeder by gunson that connects to a tyre and is better than it sounds but old and leaky now
    I could by like the sealey tool which looks good but no adaptors for the master cylinder lids? or a pmeumatic compressor fitting bleeder with a load of adaptors.
    I dont mind getting one, its in the kit for future use then, but should get the right one.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C6 brakes fail and bleeding after repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    You fill the bottle, put the cap on the resovour and pump the handle until you get over 1 bar of pressure.

Then open the bleed nipples with a clear hose attached and drain into a jar/bottle.

Vacuum bleeders tend to suck air from the open nipples.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0