Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Has dealer updated my software?

1. Question Has dealer updated my software? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My 2016 A6 3.0Tdi (218) Avant Black Edition has just been in to the local dealer under warranty who replaced the air suspension control unit after my car decided to go all low rider on me and throw up loads of MMI warnings.

Now I have it back I am convinced that the gearbox is behaving differently. This is in a good way as I always felt that in D(rive) mode it changed up through the box too quickly and was reluctant to change back down until really pushed, at which time it dropped multiple gears with a jolt. I'm guessing this was due to the never ending quest for lower emissions and better fuel economy (ha ha tell me a another one Audi). Now it seems to be much more willing to drop a cog with a lighter press of the accelerator.

Does anyone know if the dealer might have updated any software while my car was in, or if they would routinely apply any updates during a visit. Or indeed if there is newer software which changes the gearbox behaviour?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Has dealer updated my software? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    They usually check automatically and update applicable software fixes. What they may not do is apply the emissions fix without permission.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: Has dealer updated my software? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    They usually check automatically and update applicable software fixes. What they may not do is apply the emissions fix without permission.
    Thanks, and I'm only affected by the emissions scandal that is yet to be discovered.......60mpg

0 0 0

4. Re: Has dealer updated my software? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Whenever my cars have been in for any reason, they always tell me beforehand that it needs a software update. The information is always on the paperwork I get back which details what they've done. I always ask what the update was for, and the nice ladies on the front desks never have a clue. The emissions update on my last car I declined.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

5. Re: Has dealer updated my software? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That would have been nice. Mine was a breakdown recovery with repairs covered by warranty. All I got was a key handed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Has dealer updated my software? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Even if software on your 'box hasn't been updated, it is often "reset" during service operations. This will delete the user learning that the 'box has done to adapt to your preferred driving style. Once you have driven the car for a while, the gearbox control module will once again learn your preferred driving style and adapt the shift pattern to suit.

My gearbox quickly learns that I am an old slowcoach and thus the gearbox becomes very sluggish over time, which is really frustrating as, when I put my foot down, it seems to think I must have had a heart attack at the wheel rather than consciously decided I want to get a move on and maintains a strict regime of upchanges despite my flooring the throttle...

On my Mercedes, I knew the procedure to do a gearbox reset and delete the adaptions (it was something like: press the accelerator twice, then hold it there for five seconds, then start the car), but I don't know the Audi reset - or even if there is one.

0 2 0

7. Re: Has dealer updated my software? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Yes it will go back to the default settings for the gearbox. It will do this if the battery has been off. I found mine was holding the revs to long for my liking so I used vcds to turn off the adaptive gearbox settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0