Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I received a VCDS cable for christmas from my parents (yay). I have a 2012 (62 plate) VW Scirocco.

I only wanted to do a few minor tweaks: Flash indicators 5 times vs. 4, needle sweep, beep when locking car & hazard lights when braking hard.

I carried out a few of these tweaks (5 flashes, beep when locking & hazard lights), and they all seem to work (I haven't tested hazard lights).

However... it has caused all sorts of problems:
    - Auto lights not working anymore for dipped headlights (I have to turn lights OFF to get them on again?).
    - Reverse parking sensors not working (not displaying sensors on radio screen or beeping).
    - Heated seats not working (lights on dashboard light up, but seats do not warm up).
    - Remote locking is broken (unlock only unlocks driver door, locking locks all doors but OPENS boot?).
    - Wing mirrors not adjusting with the little stick.
    - Convenience menu no longer listed in MFD settings.
    - Footwell lights not lighting up.

I appreciated this must come across as the most rookie/dumb thing ever... and that is because it is

But can anyone give a helping hand... as I am now scared to touch anything! :/

0 0 0

2. Re: Urgent VCDS/VAGCOM Help Needed! :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    You did do a Full scan and save results of scan-ie so you have full copy of all coding and any workshop codes that have been entered ?? Before you started changing things ???? vagcom will hold your hand, while you go through it, doing what you want to do. But befor you go changing anything ells----full auto scan and save the scan !!! you wil be able to undo any changes that you made thus putting it back to as was !!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Urgent VCDS/VAGCOM Help Needed! :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    If you did do a scan before making your adjustments then, even if you did not save the results, VCDS should have done this for you by placing the record in the 'Scans' folder within C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS folder.

0 0 0

4. Re: Urgent VCDS/VAGCOM Help Needed! :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Iv never seen that---just check the folder you say--I dont have it all scans saved has been me saving them !!!

0 0 0