Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I don't seem to be able to find the phone for data connection from the MMI, is that in bluetooth connection or something else, I've tried virtually everything in the connection manager.

I have no trouble with the X hooked up on the lightning cable for using for carplay, never dropped once! I still have the same problem trying to use the wifi connection, amazon music and the MMI connect app. Pretty crappy seing as Android works perfectly!

0 0 0

2. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I’m not actually sure which data is being used whether the phone or the external SIM.

But mine unconnected works seamlessly. I go in to Audi Connect and scrolling down on Amazon Music....select it and it works fine. Only on one occasion did it tell me to open the MMI Connect app. I didn’t and it automatically connected a few minutes later - however I didn’t touch the phone.

0 0 0

3. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    It will depend on the phone set-up but for android the way Audi has set it up it will automatically use the car SIM for data and for those with the embedded SIM means you probably need a DataInside 25GB package. I tried for ages to get around this but the issue is to use the MMI app and Napster/Amazon music you need to use WIFI and as the car reports an internet connection the phone will always try to use that for the internet and if you don't have the DI package it just hangs... It's annoying as it's an extra £100 for something I already have but in grand scheme of things it's not that much.

The bigger question I have it how long does it take from turning the car on to Amazon music starting to work? For me it's a complete joke. Sometimes it take 10-15 minutes, sometimes longer. Normally I get a good 5-10 minutes complaining no-wifi devices connected (If I disconnect the phone is complaining WIFI device disconnected!!!I though their was no WIFI devices connected!) then I'll get 5-10 mins of "Please start MMI app" again the app is running is background mode...

As for Audi support it's non existent. It does make me wonder it Audi Exec's actually drive their own cars as if I were running Audi and saw what a pigs ear the Napster/Amazon integration was I would be calling the responsible SVP into my office for a frank an honest discussion about how if they couldn't fix it I would find someone who could

0 0 0

4. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    It is a pretty poor solution, although my startup times are anything from instant to about 30 seconds maximum on my iPhone.

To be fair though, I'd wait a couple of minutes if I could charge at the same time as using the MyAudi/Amazon Music App!

I've gone back to using the carplay version of Amazon for the moment, I hate it as it is clunky as anything but what can we do, I would honestly say that the 2g MMI experience of my old A8 was vastly superior to this!

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123